29 AE

Jimin focus

They were pressed into the seats when the transporter shot out of the starting lot into space, and Jimin held his breath to withstand the pressure on his chest. This vehicle was slightly bigger than the one they had used for Pride because now they were two more people who had to fit in. But it did not feel like more space because their armor made them look enormous.

Jimin had not known how to put on the full-gear when they had changed in the hangar's changing room, so Jungkook had had to help him dressing properly. He had felt like a part of a dangerous squat when they had marched through the hangar hall. Their chest, neck and shoulders were covered in a special layer of bulletproof material, thicker than the rest of the jacket, making them look brought and muscular, and their underarms and kicking-shins were shielded by protectors to allow them attacking and defending themselves against punches without having to hold back. And of course, the two rubber bands on the trousers were littered with pockets for magazines and a drop-leg-holster for every leg, holding guns. The tightness of the bulletproof jacket and the weight of the guns on his legs had felt reassuring and almost had made him forget they were a bunch of scientists and technicians.

[This is full-gear

[This is full-gear.]

Except for Taehyung. The V had a long knife on his waist and a drop leg holster with Kunais, little throwing knifes, and Jimin wondered what more talents the pilot had kept secret from them. But apart from looking dangerous with the knifes, Taehyung had added another gimmick to his and his lover's uniform. In big white letters he had written TAEGI under the white emblem of Earth II Space Agency. Hoseok had scolded the two for wasting time, but Jimin had found it cute. He would also like to have JIKOOK written on his chest, albeit he knew how silly this was. It would have felt good.

Absently, he stared at the helmet in his lap whose black glass visor threw back a distorted reflection of himself. He looked pale. But Jin had looked worse when they had changed into armor. The physician had had shaking hands and had looked like he would throw up every second, but somehow Namjoon had been able to keep the doc calm. A look towards his left showed him that the hazel-haired tried to gather all the energy he could bring up to mentally steel himself for his job. Jimin was slightly envious. Their oldest just had to stay in the transporter and pretend to be the pilot while they had to follow the captain without getting caught and maybe had to face Hoseok's sister. The thought of using his powers so offensively scared him.

A strong hand pressed his shoulder from behind and he relaxed again. Jungkook was with him. His lover would protect him, and he would protect his lover. They could do it. Combined, they were the perfect weapon: psychological distraction and precise handling of guns.

><

"Get into the flooring," Hoseok grumbled lowly when they passed the hangar door ten minutes later.