Chapter 1

-May 19th, 2010-

I look up from my hands to see my parents walking towards where I was sitting in the hospital waiting room. There were dry tear stains on their shirts and cheeks.

Mom: Payton. We need to tell you something.

Payton:Mom, dad what's wrong ?

My dad bent down on one knee while my mom sat beside me.

Dad: Do you remember how Ali would allways get high fevers, throw up, etc.?

Payton: Yea.

Mom: Well. Ali was diagnosed with Acute Leukemia.

Payton: Acute ?

Dad: Acute Leukemia is where it gets worst faster.

Payton: This can't be happening. Your joking aren't you ?

Mom: No.

Dad: Now, Payton. You have to try and help her with this and just know she'll be okay.Don't think something bad is going to happen to her cause nothing will okay?

Payton: Okay.

I could see in my parents eyes that they think I am taking this very well,but ti be honest I'm not. I just thought she had the flu or something. But cancer never came to mind. Mainly Leukemia. I don't know much about cancer, but all I know is that 1: It can be painful. 2: You lose your hair cause of chemotherapy. 3: You have a chance/ you can die depending on how bad it is. I can't imagine my life without my sister. I have my other sister Nina, but she's 18 so she won't care to spend time with me. Could life getting and worse ?