Chapter 3

My dad barged through my door where I saw his feet enter my room.

"Jackson where are you? I know you're in this room."

I didn't say anything but I knew eventually he would find me. So I just remained silent under my bed until his face came into my view. His caterpillar like eyebrows hovered over his blue eyes that made him look angry.

"C'mon Jackson get out from under the bed." My dad says as he reaches his hand out to me.

I just shook my head at him. "Jackson stop acting like a 2 year old and get out of the bed."

"Maybe I act like one because you and Mom treat me like a 2 year old. I'm 14 but I guess you guys had forgotten." I mumble as I crawl through the opposite side of the bed that he wasn't standing from. I then stood up as I looked down at the floor.

"Hey is there something going on in school that you're not telling us about? I got a call from your teacher just now ago that you were supposed to go to detention today and you didn't go. I thought you were done with this behavior as soon as we moved here."

"Dad just because you moved me away from all the painful memories in our old neighborhood, doesn't mean that all the pain that I still feel is gone. Mr. Adams sent me to detention just because I fell asleep in his class."

"Jackson where did you go? Did your friends told you not to go to detention because I will call their parents, Jack. So just tell me."

I couldn't look at him in the eyes and I couldn't say anything. It was as if my mouth was frozen shut. I did not want to open it because I knew that the only thing that I would say would be about the body of the boy that me and Ryan saw in the forest.

I wanted to tell my dad about it since people should know that this boy was murdered and that this could all be a sign. However memories of what happened in my old neighborhood surrounding the murder that happened in our backyard stopped me.

Tristan's murder was the first that sparked the trail of other murders to happen the same way where boys that fell in the range of 14-16 were kidnapped and suffocated with dirt that was forced and packed inside their mouths.

I was the first to find Tristan's body lying there, decaying. Someone left his body there on our backyard with no trace or anything to track them down. We don't really know why someone would leave the body like that in our yard.

"Hey Jackson, are you listening to me!? Where did you go if didn't went to detention? If you don't start talking I'm going to call your friends and ask them."

I took a huge deep breath. I had thought about it for a quick moment and knew that I had to tell him. Keeping it in would only make things worse. Who knows if this is the start of many just like how Tristan's was?

"Alright, I'll tell you, but as I say this I don't want you to think I'm making this up. Anyways it was my fault that I left detention. It wasn't any of my friend's faults so please don't blame them. I decided to go with them to the forest where Elise and Jimmy left early. It was just me and Ryan there in the forest. During the whole time I knew I made a mistake and from there I wanted to leave. U-u-until something caught my attention." I then paused to watch my dad's reaction before I continued.

He was listening intently on my conversation where he didn't interrupt anything I was saying. That surprised me since he has never fully listened to whatever I had to say to him.

"Me and Ryan s-s-saw a-"

"OH MY GOD A DEAD BODY!" was all my dad heard from the loud sobbing and yelling from my mom. We both ran down the hallway into the kitchen to see my mom on the phone where she was on the floor in a really distressed state.