Chapter 9

As soon as I enter I see his messy blonde hair where he was on one of the computers and was looking at something on the screen. I immediately froze when I saw a picture of my brother there. It was a news article that had the headline "Planted Bodies". There were also pictures of the other boys that were murdered.

The picture that I saw of Tristan was a picture of him wearing his basketball jersey. He was smiling while holding up a trophy because that was the day when him and his team won a basketball tournament.

That was taken a couple a days ago before he died. I guess the reporters chose to use that picture instead of showing how he died.

"Ryan, what's going on?" I say as I startle him from his reading. He then relaxes before answering.

"I'm helping you do research. You did say that you wanted to find the killer before the cops do. I'm trying to do that."

"I know Ryan, but you don't have to do research without me. It's almost like you're trying to make me feel bad that you are getting a head start. I'm just as serious."

"Then why aren't you doing anything?"

"Well first we have to develop a plan. Starting research is good but what about everything else? I still haven't told Elise and Jimmy anything."

As I soon as I say that, Elise and Jimmy barge through the library.

"Where were you guys? We were-"

"Shhh. Be quiet please this is a library!" The libarian at the front desk said.

Elise rolled her eyes at her and walked over to us. Along with Jimmy who apologized for Elise since the libarian was offended by her attitude.

"Anyways we were looking all over for you? Are you still mad about the slap, because you know you deserved it from what you said at the forest. You know I never forget things so it was coming for you sooner or later."

"Elise just listen okay because I have something to show you." I say, ignoring her reply.

Jimmy then looks over at Ryan's computer screen to see the news article. "16 year old Tristan Tanner was found dead in the backyard behind his house. Strangely enough he had a plant stuffed inside his mouth." He then stopped reading at the second sentence where he was staring at the pictures of the victims. He started to grow pale as he was looking at the screen where fear was plastered on his face.

" Jack what is this? Was this article made just now ago about the body you just saw? Is that boy related to you?" Elise says while she also reads the article.

"No it's his brother." Ryan whispers. "This article was published 5 years ago, where his brother was murdered the same way that the boy was on Friday."

"Wait he told you? Jack you're brother was murdered? Was that the reason you moved here? Was that why you were acting strange at first because you're brother had just died? I'm so sorry for all that trouble I gave you when you first moved here."

"Elise I got over the times you teased me and the times you have tease me now. None of that matters. What matters right now is that I need all of your help. I want to find out who has been doing these murders. They have been happening for way too many times. Honestly I want to see the killer for myself. I want to be the one to bring the justice. I want this guilt of not being able to stop it to go away. So I'm asking you and Jimmy to help me. Ryan already agreed."

"First of all I just want to say I'm sorry for your lost. I really am but I also have to say you're nuts! No I'm not helping you and I guess Jimmy isn't either because he left."

"Wait Jimmy left!" I say out loud where the libarian shushes me. "When did he leave?"I say at a more lower volume.

"As soon you started talking he left. He made a quick exit to the door."