Chapter 6

We had arrived to the hospital in total silence since we weren't sure what to say to each other. I was full of worry for mom since the only thing that I knew was that she was stabbed.

Whoever had hurt her, had to be related to the murder that happened in the forest. What is the coincidence that something like that would happen on the same day that me and Ryan find a body?

Me and my dad were sitting in the waiting room where we came a few minutes just before the ambulance had came, where I saw mom lying there on the stretcher.

There were bandages wrapped around her that were soaked in blood. The nurses and doctors were rushing her to the hospital room.

"Mom." I whispered in fear.

"Son, don't worry they're professionals. Mom will be okay." My dad assured me. Well at least he was trying to but for some reason I couldn't believe him. Seeing her in that state proved to me that she probably wouldn't make it.

The realization of that happening broke my heart. We waited for what seemed like hours. Doctors and nurses kept walking past us and coming to other patients to either call up their names or talk to them about their love ones.

Not a single doctor or nurse came to us during the long hours we waited.

"Dad do you think mom is-"

"No. Jackson don't think like that. Your mom is going to be fine."

"We've waited for hours and we still haven't gotten any news yet."

"The doctors are trying their best so all we can do right now is to be patient."

"Okay."I whisper.

After what seemed like a long time of waiting a doctor finally came over to us.

"Mr. Tanner I have some news I have to break to you about your wife."

"Wait what do you mean? She's not-"

"No sir, your wife is alive. We can track somewhat of a pulse out of her, however she is still suffering from a severe amount of blood loss to the point that we are going to need a donor to donate blood.

"Oh my God."

"Yes. It's a procedure that involves transferring another person's blood similar to the blood type of your wife, that way she can have the proper amount of blood to fully function. Now she is really weak and very unstable."

"Okay when can this procedure take place?"

"Well first we would have to find a donor that has a compatible blood type with your wife, that way we can easily transfer the blood to her with no complications. We don't have an exact day set up though but we need to inform you about this before this happens."

"Okay. I just want her to be healthy."

"Don't worry Mr. Tanner there are always blood donations available where we will find a donor and that should work fine for your wife. If you guys want to see her you can." The doctor says before leaving us.

My dad agrees and with that we walk together to her room. I trail behind my dad as he walks ahead to open the door. I see her lying in the bed with tubes in her mouth along with the heart monitor where can see that her heartbeat was a bit shaky. It wasn't really consistent since it would go flat for a second and then go up a little.

Her eyes were closed shut and her skin was very pale. My dad reaches over to grab her right hand while I reach over to grab her left. At that moment her hands felt real cold, icy cold. "Honey, please say anything."My dad whispers as he gently touches her hair with his free hand.

"Mom." I say while tightly gripping her other hand. Tears threaten to fall from my eyes as they travel down my face on to her hands. From that moment I felt a light squeeze on my hand.

"Mom!" I say to her when I notice her eyes start to open a little.

"Jackson."she says weakly where she slowly closes her eyes again.

"Honey, please open your eyes again."My dad says when he noticed her eyes had opened.

"I can't. Jackson I need to tell you something."

"What mom?"

"Promise me that whatever happens you will still carry on."

"Mom what are you talking about? Nothing is going to happen to you. The doctors said that they are going to find a donor for you. You will be okay."

She then slightly smiles at me. "I hope so but even so I don't want me to affect you the same way that your brother did."She says one last time before fully drifting off into sleep again. The heart monitor showed that her heart was still beating at an unsteady pace.

My dad then kisses her on the cheek and takes a seat in the chair next to her bed. I stay standing up where I am still holding her hand. I'm too afraid to let her go and I refuse to. I refuse to just let this happen to my mom. The question that lingers in my head about all of this that is happening is: Why?

Why is this happening? Why is this person doing this? The word Why just repeats into my head of what the reason could be behind all of this.

"Don't worry mom. I won't let this affect me in a negative way. I want you to know that I'm not just going to sit back and let this happen again and again. I don't want to worry you but since you're sleeping I'll tell you. Okay, I know that this might sound crazy but I'm going to figure this all out. I'm going to find out who did this to you. I'm going to find out who killed Tristan and the other boys in our old neighborhood. So don't you worry." I carefully whisper all of this into her ear where I am careful to not whisper too loudly where my dad would hear.

However he was so deep into his own thoughts that he didn't seem to hear anything about what I said. Every word that came out of my mouth was true. I was determine to find out who this person was because honestly I felt that it would be the only way for me to cope with everything.

Suddenly the door opens where a nurse tells us that our visiting time is over. Sadly we were going to leave mom where she lay unconscious along with her heart that was still hanging on.

"I will find the killer. Somehow I will find a way."I whisper those last words while giving her a small peck on the cheek before following after my dad.

"What were you saying?"My dad asked me curiously.

"Nothing. I just told her that she needs to wake up and that I hate how we have to leave her at this hospital overnight."I lie.

"I hate it too son but like she said we have to keep going with our lives. I'm not saying that anything will happen to her, but we just can't stop everything  because she is in the hospital. We have to keep going. Now come on let's go home."