Possession

Eve

I struggled to open my eyes and look around at my surroundings. I expected to open my eyes and be behind my booth with Destinee or Adam beside me but, I was wrong, so, so wrong. When I finally got my disobedient eyes to open fully I went into a full state of shock. I wasn't in my tower anymore, instead I was in a bright white room with an I.V sticking out of my arm. The light blue curtain was drawn around my bed and I could hear the faint sound of beeping from some medical machine. "What the fuck happened? Why am I here?" My hospital room was empty and all I wanted to do was go home. I looked down at the needle in my arm and then quickly up to the bag attached to the tube. "Thank god. It's just saline." Appears I was dehydrated. Well that's not a shock, considering I'm still hungover as all hell even with the water pumping itself into my veins. Suddenly the light blue curtain around my bed was pulled back with a loud scratching noise.

"Ah, you're up! That's good I was starting to worry I'd have to call the doctor back in."

I stared at the thin grey haired old woman in nursing scrubs blankly. She had light blue eyes that matched the boring curtain perfectly. Around her eyes were deep wrinkles that got even deeper when she smiled. She was really thin if I had my hospital window open she would probably get blown over with a gust of wind that found its way through.

" Its a good thing the windows closed." I said letting out a long sigh.

"Excuse me dear?" The nurse said looking quite confused at my statement. "Are you feeling okay? Maybe I should go and get the doctor after all."

"No, no that's not." I cut myself off because I didn't know how to explain to her that I didn't mean to say what I had just said out loud, without sounding like a lunatic. "What happened to me?" I said pushing the thought of my craziness to the back of my mind.

"You were brought in for seizures, and we found that you were also extremely dehydrated. Once you're vitals are normal and you finish this bag of saline, you should be okay to go home."

"Seizure! You're telling me I had a seizure?" I couldn't believe my ears. What the hell happened after everything went white?

" You had five, to be more specific. It's okay that you don't remember that's normal after what you went through." She gave me a comforting smile, did something to my I.V and then left without saying another word.

"What the hell? Where is my phone I need to make sure everything at the club is okay. Has Destinee called? Has she been here?" My mind was overflowing with array of questions and no one was here to answer them for me. My heart started to pound and I could feel myself starting to sweat. I guess the excitement of everything was starting to catch up with me. Fumbling around in my purse, looking for my iPhone I was interrupted by a familiar but unwelcome voice.

"Ms. Bright, long time no see. I wish it was under different circumstances."

I looked up to see a familiar face, clean shaven and with a strong jawline that wasn't exactly happy to see me. He looked at me with his brown eyes in disappointment. And folded his muscular arms against his dark blue uniform.

"Matt, hey how's it going?" I said still in  a small state of shock.

"Right now it's officer Dugan. Eve I'm here to talk to you about the drugs you had on you when the ambulance brought you in last night. Any idea where you got it?"

"Oh no! The coke!" I looked at my once high school boyfriend in complete awe. What we had was something I'd like to say I'd never have ever again. A normal relationship. Where we were loyal and only there for one another and there was no one else on the side and no other distractions. Just us a happy high school couple. And now here he was about to arrest me for drug possession. If you were to tell me this was going to happen seven years ago I would have laughed in your face.