All time low

Eve

Even though I was fuming at the sight of Adam, I still couldn't help but give him a second look over. Obviously he didn't have a stress filled day like I had. He had his signature devilish grin plastered on his stupid, handsome face. His hair was tied up perfectly in his stupid, signature way. He had on a black v neck tee that showed his neck and chest tattoos. His stupid rose tattoo on his neck and his equally stupid wings that stretched from each shoulder. Stupid, stupid, stupid! God, why did he have to be so stupidly handsome?

"Seriously Adam, why the hell are you here?" I tried not to look him up and down for a third time.

Damn it! I did it anyways.

"I just wanted to come and see you. What's wrong with that? It's been a while Eve." He said, biting his bottom lip.

"Yeah, you're right. It has been a fucking while! Where the hell were you!" I said, clenching my fists at my side and clenching my jaw shut so I didn't completely fly off the handle.

"Well I'm here now Eve, what's your problem?"

"What's my problem? Are you serious Adam?" I couldn't control my anger at his stupidity anymore. I was about to loose it on this handsome man. "My problem is, you found me! You gave me the blow! I overdosed for Christ sake! What were you doing anyways? I hope it was really important to not come see me in the hospital, or come here and visit me when I got out of the hospital at least! No text, no fucking phone call! Oh and thanks for leaving the blow on me. You know I had to go to court for that right? Well actually how would you? Since you didn't bother checking on me! I see where I stand with you now."  I had tears running down my cheeks. Not in the I'm so sad, someone comfort me, but in the I want to murder you but I can't because I'm on probation now, kind of way.

"I- I didn't think you wanted to see me. You didn't call me either Eve." He said wearing the most innocent face he could possibly pull off.

"You knew what happened to me, yet you made no effort to see if I was straight. Don't try and turn this around on me Adam! This is all on you." I said taking a deep breath, trying to compose myself.

"I'm sorry, okay! You're right Eve I should have called. I fucked up!" He said, slamming his hand on my door frame. "What do you want from me. I'm trying my best here!"

"This is your best? Just letting you know your best fucking sucks! I could have died Adam! Would you even give a shit if I did?"

"Of course I would care! Are you kidding me? I just didn't know what to say. I swear! Do you think it was easy for me? To see you lying on the ground like that in the club? You think I just brushed that off like it was nothing? It scared the shit out of me! I didn't know what to do with myself. I didn't know how to handle it! I've never seen anything like that before. To see you shaking and and- and-." He couldn't even finish his sentence. He just stopped and ran his fingers through his hair. Obviously frustrated because he couldn't explain what he saw that night. "Just let me come inside and we'll talk. You gotta believe me Eve, I'm really sorry for what happened. Just let me talk to you."

He reached out and tried to take my hand in his, but I pulled away. Was this what I wanted to do? My heart wanted him to come in but my head was telling me that I was stupid if I let him back in again. No, not back into my house, but back into my life. I was furious. Didn't I have every right to be? He didn't have my back at all! I wanted to punch him in his stupid, good looking face, but kiss him at the same time. Maybe I could punch him and then kiss him to make up for it? No, no, I should kiss him and then punch him twice for making me feel this way. Right?

"Fine." I said, going against my better judgment.

"Fine?" He said, looking up at me with hope in his eyes.