Chapter 5 ~ The Second Race

Sorry for the long long long long long long wait. I got very very lazy. I have no excuse for my laziness. I was thinking about deleting this story, then I saw how much you guys love it, so I changed my mind. I will probably add to the first chapters, I didn't know how short they were. This is a short chapter, i'll explain after. I started this book when I was in eighth grade and now I'm a junior so it might change a little bit. well I'm done ranting, here's Chapter 5!

"The horses are lining up at the starting gate." The announcer said over the grandstand speakers.

"In position number one we have MAJESTIC DANCER owned by Benedict Holmes and is ridden by Martin Watson. Number two is DRAGON FIRE owned by Khan Carlton and is ridden by Bilbo Freeman. Number three is DO IT FOR THE VINE owned by Ricky Thompson and ridden by Thomas Sanders. Number four is WALKING DEAD owned by Carl Blake and is ridden by Daryl Grimes. Number five is FASTER THAN THE WIND owned by Alli Jones and is ridden by Jimmy Stewart. Number six is CHIKIN owned by Bessy Rose and is ridden by Sam Moose. Number seven is DARTH VADER owned by Luke Maul and is ridden by Obi Winchester. And number eight is TIMEY WIMEY owned by Dr. John Smith and is ridden by Martha Noble.

The horses are now entering the starting gate.

MAJESTIC DANCER is a dun stallion by GOLDIE and out of BLACK WITCH. DRAGON FIRE is a bloodbay mare by BONFIRE and out of MADAM RED. DO IT FOR THE VINE is a blue roan by INSTAGRAM and out of TUMBLR. WALKING DEAD is jet-black by TEXAS WALKER and out of ZOMBEE. FASTER THAN THE WIND is all white by SNOWBALL and out of PURE BEAUTY.

CHIKIN is a dark bay by SPEEDY HARRY and out of BELLS. DARTH VADER is jet-black by SHASTA and out of BLACK WITCH. TIMEY WIMEY is a dapple grey by TARDIS and out of DALORIAN.

The race will begin with the shot." The announcer said

The shot was fired and the horses shot out of the gates.

"In first place we have CHIKIN and coming in close second FASTER THAN THE WIND is only a length behind. In third we have DRAGON FIRE. The three leads are getting ahead going around the first corner. FASTER THAN THE WIND is now in first immediately followed by DRAGON FIRE. The horses are approaching the last corner with FASTER THAN THE WIND still in the lead. It's the homestretch! Who's it gonna be! CHIKIN is catching up to DRAGON FIRE. It's a three way tie heading for the wire! It's a photo finish!" The announcer shouted

"The. Winner is... FASTER THAN THE WIND!"

The crowd was going wild.

Okay reason for shortness, I needed to get this chapter done to continue, so its kinda a filler chapter. next update will be soon... hopefully.

P.s. Did you find all the references?

What did ya think?

Comment

Vote

and Follow!

Please and Thank you!!!