Chapter 6 ~ The Training Continues

The next day was a day off for Flower she earned it. I set her loose in the big pasture to graze.
Chaser and Lilly's training was going great. They can now run a mile in a minute and twenty seconds. When they are full grown, they should be able to run a mile and a quarter in a minute forty to a minute fifty seconds.
After the foals training was completed for the day, I set them loose in the pasture with their mother. They ran circles around Flower as they were playing. I whistled once, all three horses galloped to the fence where I was standing. I attached lead ropes to each of their halters and led them to the track, I was going to see who would be the fastest. Jimmy, Flower's jockey, walked from the barn to where I was standing.
I told him to hold the lead ropes until I gave him the signal to remove them. I ran to the other side of the track. when I got there I waved my arms at Jimmy, he took off the lead ropes. I whistled, Flower took off in my direction, the twins followed as quick as they could.
Chaser and Lilly were matching stride for stride, about three lengths behind Flower. flower reached me about ten seconds later. Chaser and Lilly were shortly behind her. jimmy was following with the lead ropes.
The horses stopped around me and nuzzled my pockets for treats. I gave them each a sugar cube as I waited for Jimmy to get here.
Jimmy clipped on the lead ropes once he arrived. Jimmy was short only about five foot high, he only weighed one hundred and twenty pounds. he had light hair, and blue eyes. he was my age.
"You got some fine horses here." he said.
"Thanks." I replied.
"They'll be great racers." he said patting Flowers flank.
I took the bandana out of my pocket and wiped my forehead, "it's a warm day." I said
"It really is." he agreed.
"You wanna go inside and get some lemonade?" I asked
"Sounds good to me." he replied.
We walked the horses back to the pasture then went inside.

How was that?
Sorry for the long wait for another filler chapter, but the good parts coming.
Remember
Vote
Comment
Follow
Please