Chapter 3 ~ Chaser and Lilly

I Quickly run back to town to get some light web netting harnesses for the foals. I got the filly a light blue one and the colt a green one. I put them on right as i got home. Then I sat on the fence and just watched them. The filly liked to run around and roll in the lillys growing in the pasture, and the colt would just chase her, while flower would graze a few feet away checking on them ever so often.

Then I realized what I should name them, The filly shall be named Lilly, because she loves to roll in lillys, and the colt shall be named Chaser because he loves to chase his sister. Next I call some of my coworkers at the shelter and tell them all i have learned about flower, and they congradulate me on my awesome win of three racehorses.

Over the next few weeks I introduce apples to the foals menu, and soon they fall in love with the sweet taste. I put the both of them into a small corral about ten feet across. then i tie a string to a slice of apple, next i tie the string to a long pole and sit on the fence. I put the apple in front of their muzzles so they can sniff. When they tried to bite the apple I pulled it away, so they chased it. I moved it in a circle around the small corral until they were chasing it. For foals they ran fast after a minute i stopped and gave them each an apple, and led them back to the pasture.

The time has arrived for them to start getting weaned, so I put them in the other pasture with Pedro. At first the old donkey didnt do anything, then Chaser started to chase him so he started baying loud and clear that scared chaser away.

But Chaser never learned he always came back for more of Pedro's loud baying.

When the foals reached six months old I hired a trainer to start their racing career. He arrived every morning and worked with them til sunset.

While the foals were getting trained I figured I would hire a jockey and see if Flower could still be faster than the wind.

The jockey arrived the next day at noon and he brought his own racing tack for Flower. He saddled her up and I led him to the track that I had built in the end of my farm. It was a mile long and every quarter mile had a marker. His name was Jimmy Stewart.

He jogged her around the track once to warm her up. Then we put the clock on her. Her time for a mile and a quarter was 1.50. she still had some race left in her. I told the trainer to work with Flower too.

sixmonths went bye real fast, I thought to myself looking at the one year olds in the pasture, in another year i can race them. but for Flower she is entered in two races at the fair next week.

I know this chapter wasnt that good for that long of a wait but the next chapter will be better I promise.

Vote Comment Fan Pleez!!!!!