Chapter 4 ~ The First Race

Sorry for the very very very long wait but i just didnt have any access to a computer so here it is, chapter 4...

"The horses are now lining up at the starting gate," said the announcer, " In postition number one we have SUN DANCER owned by George Frank ridden by Mickey Littlefield, number two is PURPLE SUNSET owned by Peter Green and ridden by Ralph Terk, In position three we have FIREBALL owned by Georgia Fisher ridden by Jack Miller, number four we have FASTER THAN THE WIND owned by Alli Jones and ridden by Jimmy Stewart. Number five is MOONBEAM owned by Greg Brady ridden by Felix Brewster.And in position number six we have GRIM REAPER owned by Stephanie Hunter and is ridden by Rick Fox."

There was a large crowd in the grand stands, waiting for the upcoming race.

The announcer started speaking again, " SUN DANCER is a dun stallion by SKY PRANCER and out of MOONLIGHT. PURPLE SUNSET is a blue roan and at sunset his pelt seems to turn purple, he is by BLUEMOON and out of BLUES. FIREBALL is a blood bay by BONFIRE and out of REDVELVET. FASTER THAN THE WIND is all white and seems to be returning to the track after a couple years, she is by SNOWBALL and out of PUREBEAUTY. MOONBEAM is a dapple grey by STARYSKIES and out of THUNDERSTORM. GRIM REAPER is a jet black by SUDDEN DEATH and out of BLACK WITCH. The horses are now in the starting gate and waiting for the shot."

The shot fired and the horses rushed out of the gate.

" SUN DANCER is in the lead with PURPLE SUNSET right behind him. a length behind PURLPLE SUNSET we have FASTER THAN THE WIND." said the anouncer.

FASTER THAN THE WIND caught up with PURPLE SUNSET and passed him. The crowd cheered as FASTER THAN THE WIND got closer and closer to SUN DANCER.

At the home strech SUN DANCER and FASTER THAN THE WIND were matched stride for stride. Not one pulled ahead in the drive for the wire. Both of them shot under the wire at the same time.

" It's a photo finish, ladies and gentle men." said the announcer.

The crowd was silent with their eyes on the big screen on the infeild.

"The winner is... FASTER THAN THE WIND!" the announcer announced.

The crowd cheered as FASTER THAN THE WIND trotted into the winners circle, posed for the picture, and collected the purse.

and I am again apologizing for the long long long long wait, i honestly couldnt get ahold of a computer, I will try to update sooner next time

vote

comment

follow!

Pleez!