xvi

"Know what?" Baekhyun raised his head as Jongdae slid to a stop at the base of the stairs.

"Who broke your..." he looked up. "Oh hey Chanyeol." He flopped down on the stairs.

"Didn't you already tell me? In that case, why are you so peppy about it?"

"Yeah," Chanyeol cut in. "Who are you screaming at?"

"Where's Jongin? Shouldn't he be here?"

Baekhyun shrugged. "Haven't seen him at all."

"Strange. Where's Minseok?"

"Are you still dating? Even after..."

"It wasn't his fault!" Jongdae defended fiercely. "Kyungsoo forced him to!" He deflated suddenly. "I'll let him tell you, if he shows his face."

"And if he doesn't?"

"He better."

***

He didn't.

Jongdae rolled his eyes. "Even my boyfriend doesn't listen to me."

Baekhyun snickered as the bell rang. He jumped up, then fell as his leg gave way again. Chanyeol stood up quickly, grabbing Baekhyun's arm and supporting him with his knee. "Woah. Slow down." He steadied Baekhyun, then placed his things into his hands. "Come on."

The two of them left a very confused Jongdae at the bottom of the stairs, who was wondering just when they became so close.

The same could be said for another individual in particular, who caught a glimpse of them just before they turned the corner.

***

"Come on! Go!" Baekhyun pushed Chanyeol towards the front entrance of the school.

"I don't want to," the giant murmured pitifully.

"I..." Baekhyun shut his mouth. I don't want Kyungsoo to get mad, start assuming that it had something to do with me, then be even more determined to make my life a living hell. But Baekhyun knew that he really had no right to tell Chanyeol what to do. He was too scared to even influence Chanyeol's decision, to scared to be selfish. "Rip off the bandaid, just get it over with."

Chanyeol stared at Baekhyun for a long, long while. Then without warning, he grabbed Baekhyun's collar (seriously, the collar grabbing was starting to get out of control) and smashed their lips together.

And then as quickly as it had happened, it was over.

"Sorry." Chanyeol looked like he expected Baekhyun to run. To run far far away from him without looking back.

"S'okay. Now go!" Baekhyun pushed Chanyeol towards the door.

Chanyeol stumbled forward and out into the sun. He looked back, but Baekhyun was gone.

He had no choice but to tread forward. As soon as he took a few steps forward, Kyungsoo spotted the giant and waved him over. "Chan!"

Oh boy. Chanyeol forced himself to jog over to the gate. "Yeah?"

"I..." Kyungsoo suddenly seemed nervous. "I like you Chan. A lot," he stated bluntly.

Chanyeol shouldn't have been surprised. He was expecting it. He told Baekhyun his prediction. But hearing Kyungsoo being so blunt about was like a slap to the face. "Wha?" He took a step back, grabbing onto the gate.