xi

#showprinterslove2k18

ಠ_ಠ

- § -

Baekhyun didn't know how to feel, maybe numb was the best way to describe it.

He messed up once. A small mishap. Perhaps the only people that noticed were the conductor, pianists, teachers, and him. That wasn't the problem.

And it wasn't that he shouldn't have messed up. Yes, the part was easy. Yes, he has played with a group before (he's the concertmaster in his orchestra, for heaven's sake!)

But Park Chanyeol wasn't supposed to be sitting right where Baekhyun decided to look. And he certainly wasn't supposed to be staring back.

He probably would have froze on the spot, if Jongin—who was sitting beside the giant—hadn't winked at him.

The simple gesture had snapped the boy out of his stupor and had allowed him to not completely make a fool of himself. Yet.

Speaking of Jongin, he was sitting on the stage, legs dangling off the side, waiting for Baekhyun to finish packing up. "You did well," he noted.

"Thank you." The sound of Baekhyun zipping up his case was shrill against the mellow background. Baekhyun came over and sat down next to Jongin, copying his position. "It was fun."

"When are you leaving?" Jongin hit the side of the stage with his heel, then winced.

"Not until later. There are refreshments in the cafeteria, and I was thinking about getting some when most of the people clear out. They always buy way too much, so I'm not concerned." Baekhyun laughed.

Jongin only smiled, his foot tapping a steady beat. Thump. Thump. Thump.

The room was empty, and Baekhyun just sat there and listened as Jongin counted away the seconds.

"Play something."

Baekhyun started. "Hm?"

"Play something, anything. I want to listen." Jongin nudged the black case in between them.

"But I just put it up." Baekhyun sighed, then changed his mind. "Fine. I owe you anyways."

"What have I done?" Jongin was genuinely puzzled.

"You were my friend, weren't you? I owe you for that. Jongdae told me that I could trust you with my life." He unzipped his case again.

Suddenly, laughing could be heard from behind the stage. Baekhyun grumbled, "Well there goes our moment."

The laughter stopped, only to be replaced by the sound of kissing.

"Ick," Jongin complained. "Sound carries around here."

"It does," Baekhyun agreed, pulling out his violin and plucking the open strings, hearing the familiar fifths that echoed off. "Like that."

Heavy footsteps walked onto the stage, curious. He stood there, upset at the sight in front of him. The brunet, with his violin and the sun kissed male, smiling at each other brightly; genuinely. He shook his head. It didn't matter. It never mattered, and would never matter. He walked back quickly; stiffly. Warm arms wrapped around him, but it wasn't the same, and would never be the same.