xvii

"Chanyeol's an idiot!" Jongdae yelled as soon as he reached Baekhyun the next morning. The brunet was sitting on the stairs with Jongin.

"Finally, someone said it," Jongin muttered.

"He's dating Kyungsoo! He's dating Kyungsoo. Him. And. Kyungsoo." Jongdae paced around frantically. "No. No. No. This is all messed up. Bleh. I cannot—I will not—allow this," Jongdae complained.

"They seem happy." Jongin watched as Kyungsoo dragged Chanyeol away to the chorus room for who-knows-what.

"Correction: Kyungsoo seems happy. Plus, I'm sure it's all an act anyways. He's looked happier before."

"That was not our fault," Baekhyun protested. "What brought all of this on anyways?"

"Nothing!" Jongdae defended. "It's just, I cannot see the two of them together. We all know that he was happier with Jongin."

"Don't bring that up. He brought that upon himself. I didn't do anything."

"Exactly! You did nothing! You're also an idiot, it seems." Jongdae threw his arms up in the air. "You left Chanyeol to pick up all the broken pieces!"

"WHAT!?" Baekhyun stood up. "Spill!" He jabbed a finger at Jongdae's chest. "You found something out. I'm sure of it. Spill. Chanyeol would never tell something like that. Don't argue with me."

"Huh?" Jongin looked up.

"Alright! Alright! I'll tell... as soon as Jongin stops wallowing in his own self-pity."

"Okay, I'm good. So what's going on?" Jongin instantly perked up.

"Kyungsoo was emotionally crushed after. Chanyeol saw that. Chanyeol is the one that helped him out of what could have turned into depression. Chanyeol thinks that Kyungsoo feels like he owes Chanyeol... something."

"This is so stupid. I'd give him the darn scholarship if I could. I don't even want it. I want to dance when I'm older. Not become something boring." Jongin stuck out his tongue in distaste.

"I think Kyungsoo actually likes Chanyeol," Baekhyun spoke after a moment. "Either that, or he really hates me." Movement caught his eye. "Oh hey Minseok."

"Darn it! You ruined my sneak attack." Minseok stopped tiptoeing and just went to give Jongdae a hug. "You aren't mad at me?" He rocked his boyfriend side to side cutely.

"Nah. All in all, you were the good guy."

Minseok had caught Baekhyun after school yesterday and explained. If Minseok didn't break the string, Kyungsoo would have took off the bridge. That would have completely ruined the instrument.

Baekhyun suspected that he was hoping that Jongdae would be so infuriated and break up with his boyfriend, thus leaving Baekhyun with an emotional crisis to clean up.

Kyungsoo was a rat.

The bell rang, cutting into Baekhyun's thoughts. He gathered his stuff and dashed up stairs.

***

Math class was scheduled to be a catch-up day, so Baekhyun had nothing to do. Chanyeol was sawing his way through a worksheet.

"So, I heard that you aren't single anymore."

"Nope." Chanyeol furiously erased at the paper. "Can't say I'm ecstatic."

"Why did you tell Jongdae everything? He called you an idiot, by the way."

"He was being really insistent. And he can call me a barbaric primate for all I care. Baek, help me." Chanyeol jabbed his eraser at a problem.