Chapter 7 - To Date or Not to Date

I stand nervously in front of the mirror, wondering if my outfit is good enough for tonight.

Tonight, yes tonight, is my date with Vincenzo. Of course the last few hours I frantically stalked him online, finding his father's net worth was somewhere around 6 billion.

Gia and Maria are on their usual spots on my bed, my new found friend complimenting my outfit.

"Red is so classic," she gushes over me, handing me a gold clutch that matches the silver one Gia took to the club the other day.

I am wearing a red body con dress, more conservative than the black one I wore to the club, but still showing off my assets.

"Girls, I'm so nervous." I admit to the pair, scared out of my mind. I've never gone on a date with a guy like him, none the less a guy I barely spoke to but let in my pants.

"You'll do fine," the girls reassure me. "Where is this place?" Maria asks, pulling up the search engine on her phone.

"It's called Il Castello," I tell her making sure the light curls framing my face looked like beach waves. "Its 30  wish minutes away," I update Gia since she is going to drive me. I really need my own car.

Maria gasped at her phone, showing me the pictures of it online. It is at the base of the Alps, and kind of up on a hill, overlooking a vineyard.

"Wow, thats beautiful," I look at the pictures on her phone, knowing how beautiful it could be in the summer.

"Are you ready to go?" Gia asks me, getting her stuff together and Maria follows her suit.

I nod and follow them to the car, checking my makeup once more in the mirror. "Can you pick me up?" I ask Gia, hoping she can get me after the date.

"ovviamente," she agrees, as we pile into her yellow fiat. I take the passenger seat, needing the leg room, and besides I get very motion sick. Maria climbs into the back and grabs the aux cord, playing thE music of her choice.

We chat the whole way there, gossiping about life and dodge questions about my past. I'm not ready to open up to anyone. I look out the window and watch the vineyards go by, the peaceful plants look so beautiful in the dark. If only I am as docile as the vines.

In the dark allure of night, Gia pulls up slowly to the restaurant. It's called 'The Castle' for a reason. It is clearly an old fortress owned by some rich landlord in the middle ages that is converted into a restaurant. Just like the club, you can feel the exclusivity radiating off of the attraction.

Gia drops me off front, both girls waving goodbye and wishing me luck.

Me: I'm here!

Vincenzo: Come inside and ask for me.

Following his command, I walk in to the restaurant and am immediately met by a tux wearing maître d', asking what my business is.

"I am here meeting Vincenzo Lombardi," I explain, scanning the restaurant behind the man trying to find my own man.

"Of course, miss. please follow me," he gives a curt bow and leads me through the restaurant. Naturally, we have to go up some stairs but I am already a master in my high heels.

We end up walking down a hallway upstairs, no other diners or tables in sight and I get a bit worried. It's not every day a girl is led up winding stairs and hallways of an old castle. Finally, he stops outside of a big wooden door.

"Enjoy, bella," he bows again and opens the door. Inside, what clearly once was a bedroom, is a large stone room with a fancy wooden table in the middle. Big, wooden doors were open to a balcony, the vineyard in perfect view.