Chapter 1 - The escape

I, Allyson D'Arco am the most beautiful girl with the most fucked up past. My lightly curled brown hair is met with tanned skin and crystal blue eyes couldn't mask the pain I recently have been through. Rushing through the airport on my long legs, I try her best not to be seen by anyone who wants to hurt me.

Sitting down on the first class seat, I pull the rimmed hat down my forehead. Through my sunglasses, I couldn't see any eyes on me. People are too engrossed on their phones to notice me sitting alongside them, and I couldn't be more thankful. 

Although I came out of the Miami airport and am about to land in Italy, I am wearing a loose, long-sleeved shirt to hide my features, although they still show off my curves, it keeps hidden what needs to be hid. I want to conceal any detail that might give me away. I am the daughter of a very well known, but recently murdered drug-cartel leader. Using a fake passport and name, I boarded the plane and looked out the window, wishing it would touch down on the runway at that very second. 

I have always loved traveling alone, but this was the first time I am truly and utterly alone. After the death of my father and the threat of me being next, the only choice I had was to flee the country. I tuck my long legs as close as I could together, trying to take up as little space as possible. My slender figure and long legs barely took up anything, but in my mind, taking up space would get me noticed.

"Can I interest you in anything else today, Miss?" A voice says off to my right.

I jump in my seat, any little thing setting me off. I look up at the attendant who was offering if her services where needed anymore. She came up to me three times during the flight, and to every passenger, asking if we needed anything, and I jump every time.

Beneath my rimmed hat and sunglasses, I could tell it is hard for the attendant to see if I am looking at her or not. I look up with a kurt smile, and politely shake my head to the attendant, a signal that meant I need nothing more today.

What I really need is to get off this damned plane.

Navigating skillfully through the airport, I grab my bags. I know I look as if I'm only staying a week or two by the amount go baggage, but in reality this is all I could pack before I was really in danger.

I take out the iPhone that I purchased here in the Italian airport, wanting no trace of my American past to follow me.

I type in the numbers I have been memorizing the whole plane ride here, and listen as the phone rings. I tap my foot impatiently on the carpeted waiting room as the luggage went by. I look down at my boot laden feet, wondering why I chose such hot shoes to wear. But, then my father's voice rings through my head, the last piece of advice before the Rebel Rally took him.

"To be seen is to be noticed," the ringing of his voice hurt my head and my heart

"Gia?" I say into the phone when a perky voice answered after the fifth and final ring.

"Ciao, Ally!" the pleasantly accented voice answers. "I'm right outside the main entrance, come here bella"  

I keep my head down and rush to the front of the busy airport standing outside in the hot sun. I spot my cousin's yellow Fiat and rush to the car, throwing my bags in the trunk and hopping in. Sitting down, I take in a sharp breath, feeling the stress melt of of me.

"Drive," I command, and my cousin took off into the busy traffic of the morning.

The first few minutes are awkward, Gia knows what happened to me. She knows my father was killed, right in front of me, not three weeks prior.

I'm still so upset about it. He was my everything, after my mother died he was all I had left, and now, I don't have him at all. 

It seems like I don't care, I just haven't processed what happened. Still, the image of him, laying there with all that blood...

"I'm glad you came to live with us," Gia excitedly chirps, her high energy cutting through the negativity circling through my head. 

"I know," I look over at y cousin, her beautiful blonde hair is swept back behind her ears, "it has been too long since I've seen you!" Hopefully my smile is convincing. 

I know, to excel in this life, I have to forget what happened in my past.