II.

Beads of sweat formed, chest heaving. The young girl opened her eyes and immediately sat on her bed, wiping her face, shocked at what her mind brought.

It was just a nightmare.

It takes her a moment to realize where she is. The room has reddish brown, wooden walls. It's dimly lit by two large candles hanging on each side of the room. There is a desk near the door with papers scattered around it. A thin white ivory blanket covered the girl, feeling the rocking movement from the waves crashing into the ship.

The nightmare has been a recurrence for quite some time now, weeks to be exact. As the date came closer, the visions will only keep getting worse.

"It's been four years," she whispers to herself, remembering the death that took over four years ago, the scene still so vivid to her. The sound of a painful sob after seeing the delicate figure on the floor. It had the young child shiver at the though, water accumulating at the eyes, but a thumping from above distracting her from her thoughts. She sighs, remembering today is the day the crew lets out some of the prisoners to clean the deck, and most likely do the crews heavy labor.

"Maybe I can learn a bit more about land from the two boys my fathers men brought in a month ago", she reminds herself.

Her father and his right hand man, Christopher-also known as Sea Wolf- have adapted to a world known to them as pirates. Christopher, being a nineteen year old pirate, earned heavy trust from the girls father after what he did in Spain.

For years now, the men decided to break into homes and disrupt their peace, capturing the people and taking them in as slaves. Some of them, out of fear, suggested turning on to the captains side, accepting to train and work along with the crew. With the captain's and Christopher's desires, they and their crew would look for buried treasure and attack king's and queens, hoping for their names to stain the cities pride.

It only worsened every time he would do this, secretly tearing up and angering himself. The captain blamed it on the abandonment of the girls mother and sister. It would upset her with his false accusations and she'd ignore his commands and words. Coping with his way of being, she would secretly go down and care the wounds and feed those that were very weak.

Just last month, the captain and his crew brought in a new group. Out of the five, only two are around the girls age, the rest being adults in their twenties. She noticed that one of them is four years older than her. He is a bit tall and slim, with hair sort of short and a nice shiny, hazel color. When she spoke to him, he spoke in a kind manor, with a level of intelligence at such a young age, always talking about interesting things. And when he speaks about something he admires, a deep dimple appears on his face.

The other one is actually the same age the girl, thirteen. Taller than the girl, but a bit shorter than the other one. Thin but strong. He also has this brown shiny hair that sways with the wind in ease, truly breathtaking to the eye. The way he admires the ocean with his beautiful brown eyes and his bunny-like smile, appearing every time he was with the older one. They seemed inseparable.

The reason being the young girl was able to figure out their ages was because her father yelled it out so Christopher could write it down. Other than that, she still had yet to know much about them.

She takes a deep breath and scrambles up from her bed, quickly get dressed. She put on a simple white shirt and black jacket on top along with skinny black jeans, tucking the shirt in the belt. She finishes putting on her leather boots and run out my room.

Hoping to find the boys, she runs up the wooden stairs to get to deck, awaiting to get more fascinating stories from them. Stepping foot out there, she notices men crowding around an area, yells and complaints being heard. Before a man blocks her vision, she catches a glimpse of movement on the floor, immediately going to see what the fuss is about. She squishes herself in between men, trying get to the middle. Gasping, she finally got to see the person that caught her eye.