VI.

The screeching of seagulls and the waves crashing had her eyes flutter open. (Y/n) slowly wakes up, squinting her eyes to the light surrounding her, the sun burning on her skin. She blinks a few times to adjust her sight, face to the side and stomach on the ground.

Blue, green, and white blurs made up her sight, her vision still being fuzzy. She closed her hand and brought it up to her face, making sure she knew where she washed up. Opening her fists, she sees and feels the soft and grainy substance slide out of her hand.

Sand.

She knew she was on a beach, but which one exactly, she didn't know.

(Y/n) tries getting herself up, moving her legs to stand. A strong sore feeling strikes her thigh. She grunts in pain as she tries to sit herself up. It took sometime  but there she was, sitting in an unknown beach. It seemed untouched, as if no one has ever stepped foot on it. It looked clean and fresh. The sand looked peachy and soft and the water was a nice clean blue. There was a nice breeze that made the frond of the palm trees sway. It was calming.

Takin a deep breath, the time she was unconscious was unknown, she closed her eyes and tried relaxing, trying to gain strength to get up. She was about exhale, when she hears what sounded like a twig crack. She stiffens.

It's stays silent for a minute or so, (Y/n) still feeling the presence of whatever was behind her. She was nervous, taking all the courage to turn around and see who or what was behind her.
I see a man standing there, but he's unusual looking.

His arms, from wrist to shoulders, were covered in tinted designs, confusing the girl. His hair color and style were just as eye catching. He had piercings in an unusual spot, his nose. Only thing (Y/n) found normal was his toned body, but that's it. He may have seemed attractive in a weird way, but something was stopping her from thinking that way.

"I felt a presence on my island and decided to look for it", the man spoke in a soft tone. He definitely was not intimidating. His expression was also a bit soft.

The man approaches (Y/n) and analyzes the state she is in. "I see you've gone through a tough storm. Why don't I take you to my hut and heal you there?"

(Y/n) blinks.

"Don't worry, I won't hurt you in any way. I promise", he raises his hand up to mark his word.

(Y/n) gives him a small smile, "Thank you".

"Here, I'll carry you on my back", he crouched down with his back facing (Y/n).

"Oh you don't hav-"

"I insist". He looks back at her, a dark look washing over his soft face. Turns out he can be intimidating, so she complies.

"Okay".

It too awhile, but (Y/n) was finally able to get on his back.

He walks towards the forest that covered most of the island. In the forest, the light was still able to penetrate through the trees and give it a nice cool and calm ambient to it. "By the way, you can refer to me as Croynas", he jumps over a puddle.

'He seems trustworthy, right?'

"My name is (Y/N)".

"A lovely name for a lovely person. I like it".

The compliment made (Y/n) feel nice. His tone wasn't weird or uncomfortable. He was calm and gentle with her, and his aura was low. It gave immediate trust to (Y/n). Something about the man made her feel the need to tell him everything.

'No.'

'You don't even know the guy, the hell are you thinking?! You don't even know what his real purpose is or what his intentions are to you. Wait, how did he-'