VII.

It has been some time since (Y/n) first arrived the island. Croynas has been helping recuperation, haling her inner wounds more. Turned out (Y/n)'s wound still felt extremely sore and she had to do therapy to get actual feeling of her thigh back. She also needed to be careful with how much pressure she put in her leg, or else it wouldn't fully heal and she'd have problems with walking. Which he explained.

Croynas didn't want (Y/n) doing much, but she didn't like just sitting around and do nothing. So he decided to give her lessons in Tai Chi. Apparently is was done often and practiced in his village. It was to keep the people calm and tentative. His people seemed to be stuck with tradition and didn't really want to deal with the more modern deals of the world. So, they closed themselves in from the world.

Within the time (Y/n) has spent there, she got to know the more charismatic side of Croynas, loving every moment of it. His loving nature and wonderful view on things, it helped put her at ease with herself. But when he gets serious, it is no time to joke around. Days before, the two went out for a hunt for dinner. A special type of deer roams the island, it was perfect for them to go after. (Y/n) followed him out and two walked for what felt like an hour to the girl, as the sun was setting. Croynas told her to stay where she was, so she listened. For the moment. He walk further ahead and disappeared behind the bushes and trees. Being the impatient and fidgety person that (Y/n) is, she decided to follow him. She rustled through the plants, trying very hard on being as quiet as possible, finding it very difficult to do so.

Feeling as the universe was against her, a loud screech booms from her right side. She turns to look and finds a deer leaping towards her. She screams and stumbles, falling right on her bottom which makes contact with the rocky ground. (Y/n) hisses in pain, rubbing her rear as if it were to heal it.

Rustling comes from in front of her and Croynas emerges out of some bushes. The look on his face was emotionless. He stared at her, hard to tell what it could be that he is thinking. Something (Y/n) hoped to learn from him.

She notices his eyes got darker. All it took was for him was to take a deep breath and throw his spear ahead of him, right past (Y/n). Terrified at the thought of being impaled by his spear, she ducks her head between her legs and squeezes her eyes shut. But not impailment occurred. All that was heard was a soft yelp just steps behind (Y/n). She picks her head up and looks at Croynas looking forward. She blinks and slowly looks behind her. And there it was. The spear shot through the deer and stuck it to a tree.

After all of that, the two go back to the hut and start to prepare a campfire. As if nothing happened, Croynas was speaking and acting like his normal self again.

"It was quite entertaining actually", he takes a bite into the meat. He talks again with his mouth a bit full, "Her fathers second name was Rose, and knowing how he liked unique names he named his daughter Wild".

(Y/n) scrunches her eyebrows in confusion, "You can't be serious?"

He swallows and snorts, "That's not the best part". (Y/n) munches on the piece of meat. He proceeds, "So Wild Rose meets this gorgeous and humble man, right? They get along and spend their days well for months. The man fell so in love with her, especially with her name. So, he brought up the question". He starts to chuckle. (Y/n) tilts her head, trying to understand what he found so funny.

"I don't know what was worse, that they did it behind Wild Rose's father or that her now-husband's last name is Bull". He starts to laugh. (Y/n)'s eyes widen as he finishes his sentence. She nearly chokes on a piece of meat and wheezes out.

'Poor girl. With a name like that, I'm sure she'll be able to catch anyone's attention.'

After what felt like minutes of stomach-twisting laughter, the two sighed in content and sat underneath the glowing stars in silence.