Marry Me- Thomas Rhett

Arin-

I couldn't believe it- no, I refused to believe it- when I got the invitation. You didn't ask me to be the best man or anything, thank God. But I didn't know if I'd be able to sit through the service. I cried for a solid 20 minutes just thinking about it.

I took to drinking, only on nights where I couldn't ignore the pain. There were very few of them. But I never, ever kept alcohol in my house. I would go to bars and stuff, but I never brought any home.

The day of, I got my shit together, cleaned up, and got into my suit and tie. I walked to the outside of the church, got to the doors and... nothing. I stopped. I was frozen. Every single bone in my body screamed that I couldn't go in here and watch you be happy.

So I ran. I ran to the coffee shop where we first met and ordered what I usually do. No one questioned the suit. They must just thought I was a business mn or something. I sat at a table by a window, ready to break down in tears. But I just quietly dipped on my drink, taking turns staring at it and out the window.

But, out of the corner of my eye, I saw someone in a suit running down the street. I didnt think to much of it, until they got close. I looked up and realised that it was you. You had tears welling up in your eyes and your hair was a mess, but you didn't have a ring on your finger.

You walked in and sat down across from me, your tears silently beginning to flow. I realized that I was crying, too. You grabbed my hand that was resting on the table and squeezed it. I squeezed yours. We didn't say a word.

-Danny