contents of the drive

The day Dan left for tour, he gave me the note and the box. I didn't know what it was for, but he didn't tell me. "Just read the note. Trust me," was all he said, before kissing me and hopping on the bus. He did lean out the window to wave, though.

After getting home, I opened the envelope with the note in it. As the note asked, I plugged the flash drive into my laptop. There were a few folders in it, but there was one that stood out to me. It was called, "HAPPY". I clicked on it, and all that appeared to be inside was another folder, labeled, "ANNIVERSARY".

"You little shit." I mumbled. I clicked into the second folder, which had yet another folder named "ARIN". As you can expect, this kept going, the next one named, "I LOVE YOU", the following one called, "SO MUCH", and the final one reading, "ok that's all I had luv u <3"

Inside of that folder were audio files. While I could tell some of them were songs, one did have a very Dan-like file name. "hey Arin listen to this pls.mp3". I decided i would start there on my journey through the folder.

"Hey, Arin. This is Dan, in case you couldn't tell. I just wanted to let you know that the songs in the folder aren't going to make sense to you right now, but they will eventually. Love you!" A click, and no more audio. I closed it and moved on. There were about 6 or 7 songs on the list, and I had to listen to them all.

SONGLIST:
~Pacify Her- Melanie Martinez
~Heat of the Moment- Asia
~Marry Me- Thomas Rhett
~Secret Love Song, Pt. II- Little Mix
~In Your Eyes- Peter Gabriel
~Pour Some Sugar on Me- Def Leppard
~Supercut- Lorde