Chapter 23

(After six months,Summayah and Az have started writing their waec. Az did her GCE and passed but just because she had paid for her Waec and already registered,her mum told her to write it before they travel abroad. Jamiu's mum went to a supermarket to buy some of the things she needed, then there was a particular product that is remaining one and as she wanted to take it another woman of her age also placed her hand on the same product so they looked at each other. Coincidentally they knew each other from childhood and the woman was Jennifer's mum. They greeted each other and exchanged pleasantries.)

Mrs Aminat:(Looks at her and tries to recollect her face but doesn't remember)I think i know this face from somewhere.

Yusrah:(Remembers) Oh, are you not aminat.

Mrs Aminat:Yes i am but how do you know my name.

Yusrah:You dont know me.

Mrs Aminat:I can't recollect this face.

Yusrah:This is Yusrah from Kaduna State.

Mrs Aminat:Ohh(Hug each other) How have you been.

Yusrah:I am fine.

Mrs Aminat:Why did you leave that place you were living because when i travelled and came back, i went to your house and i was told you left the place.

Yusrah:My family relocated to sokoto since that time and i was robbed,including my mobile phone so i lost all contacts.

Mrs Aminat:Eyah, Your face have changed o. I hardly remember your face.

Yusrah:Yours too(Both laugh) How are your children.

Mrs Aminat:I only have a son and he is already married.

Yumnah:Wow, i have a daughter too. How old is he.

Mrs Aminat:He is 16 years old.

Yusrah:He married so quickly.

Mrs Aminat:Yes, i like it and that is the Sunnah of the Prophet.

Yusrah:That is very true, i really wished my daughter would get married at a very young age.

Mrs Aminat:(Bring out her phone and show her the picture of Summayah and jamiu)This is the both of them.

Yusrah:Wow, what a great couple. Can you share me their pictures,i have to show my daughter.This can actually encourage her to agree to get married very soon.

Mrs Aminat:No problem.(She shares the pictures then bid her goodbye after exchanging their number and address.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Yusrah went home and explained to her daughter how she met one of her old friends in the supermarket. She told her how her son had got married to a beautiful lady and both of them are living happily.)

Yusrah:I met one of my friend and do you know what.

Jennifer:What is that.

Yusrah:Her son is married to a pretty girl and they are living happily. You know i told you it is a good thing to do too but you won't listen.

Jennifer:Mom,please i dont want to get married now. I have to enjoy my life to the fullest and not getting myself stuck to a useless marriage.

Yusrah:Let me show you the picture of both of them. (Shows her the photo)

Jennifer:What is this mum, i know this stupid girl in school.She was the one that made my life a living hell before i was expelled. She snatched my boyfriend away from me. I was supposed to be the one her and not her.She destroyed my life and she is living happily (Cries).