Chapter 49

Hajia Fatima was in the kitchen preparing lunch for the family and Mallam Yusuf was in his room resting. Musa is just back from school, he came back specially for his baby sister, Summayah. He came in running and screaming.

Musa:Salam Alaikum mama.

Hajia Fatima:(She came out of the kitchen)What? You are back?

Musa:Just reply my salam first mama.

Hajia Fatima:Walaykum salam.

Musa:Good, are you not happy to see me?

Hajia Fatima:Off course, i am. You should have told us, we would have come to pick you up from the airport.

Musa:We are on holiday and i have not talked to my sister for a long time. Whenever i ask of her, you give me some excuse but i am home now there is no more excuse. I will go and see her in her house now, i am upset with Summayah too, she didn't bother to call her friend. I know the tariff is high for international calls, she should have just chat me up. Her phone is switched off anytime i tried calling. It's so unfair, she forgot me because of Jamiu.

Hajia Fatima:Uhmm, just relax okay?

Musa:Mom,you feel uncomfortable? Is there something you aren't telling me?Something happened to my sister? Give me her new number then, i want to speak with her right now.

Hajia Fatima: Just go to your father and shower. When you freshen up, we would talk about everything that has happened since you left.

Musa:What is it that you can't tell me now? (He shouted) Just tell me where my sister is. I don't want to shower or eat, all i want is to see her right now.

Hajia Fatima:You can't see her.

Musa:Why? Did something happen to her?

Hajia Fatima:Go to your room.

Musa:I will have to talk to father if you cant talk to me. (He ran to his father's room) Father! Father!!

Mallam Yusuf:(He stood up from his bed) Musa? You are back?

Musa:Yes, i am back. I need some information on Summayah's home address.

Mallam Yusuf:Just mention that name ever again.

Musa:Father, she is your daughter.

Mallam Yusuf:No, she isn't my daughter. she is a disgrace to this family. I raised her as my own and she repaid me with sleeping around with guys.

Musa:How can you say all this about your own daughter?

Mallam Yusuf:She is just a girl i saved when she was young. I think i have done her much favor for letting her live, she would have died there and then.

Musa:You are not the one that saves life father, you didn't do it_another person would have unless she is destined to die at that point. I can't believe you believed what people say about your daughter over what you know she can do.

Mallam Yusuf:How dare you talk to me like that?

Musa:How could you say that the child you raised is sleeping around with guys? Father, how could you? Summayah isn't the kind of person that even make friends with boys not to talk of having sex with guys and not even once.

Mallam Yusuf:She isn't part of my family anymore.

Musa:I can't believe you did this to my sister and mother too?

Mallam Yusuf:Remember,i give orders in this family. She has to do whatever i say.

Musa:You pushed your only daughter away? When the family she grew up with and call a home didn't support her, i wonder what she must be going through in her husband's house. I know this is a joke right? You are trying to pull my legs, isn't it? Just tell me (He shouted)