Chapter 1

Disclaimer-- I do not own any of the characters of this book except for Luna. the rest belong to the amazing Cassandra Clare and Rick Riordan. I'm sad about that :/ but forget about me and enjoy the story!

        The doorbell rung throughout the New York shadowhunter institute. A safe place where shadowhunters of the Clave could stay or live as the Lightwood family did. Robert and his wife Maryse, with baby Isabelle in her arms, opened the door to find no one there. They were about to shut the door when they heard a cry. Robert looked down to find a baby with silver eyes and little bit of hair that looked auburn wrapped in a silver blaket in a basket and a note on top.

Dear Lightwood Family,

        I cannot take care of my daughter at this point in time. I'm sorry for this burden. To answer the question that you might be wondering, yes this baby is a Shadowhunter, a very powerful but not dangerous one. Please I ask you with all my heart that you take of my baby girl for me until I can take her back. I'm not sure when that will be, and I am sorry for that. Her name is Luna Bellfire (born August 11th 1992) and I request that you call her this and only this. Please keep my daughter safe.

                                                                                           With All Sincerity,

                                                                                                  Luna's Mother

         "Well then," said Maryse "we can't just leave a baby on the streets Robert we have plenty of Isabelle's old stuff."

        "Alright, well lets just get out of this cold." said Robert while picking up baby Luna, she was smiling like she belonged in his arms.

*16 years later after City of Heavenly Fire*

        "Luna I can't believe the size of that demon! I have never seen one like that before, " said Clary waiting for the elevator her green eyes sparkling, curly red hair sticking out of its bun.

        "I just can't believe she killed it with one arrow." said Jace, Clary's boyfriend his hair and eyes shining the same color gold in the Churches candlelight.

        "Every since she was little she worked best with a bow and arrow!" exclaimed Isabelle, Luna's parabatai. In her classic gear, black leather and the highest heals you could find. They were in the elevator now on the way up to the Institute. Isabelle was checking herself out in the mirror, making sure her black hair was perfect. When the elevator opened she didn't notice the 15 young girls talking to Maryse and suprisingly Robert.

         "Who are these people?" asked Luna being the first one to see them, "And dad what are you doing here? I thought you were staying in Idris."       

        "These girls are Hunters-" "Of demons?" interupted Jace.

        "Of Artemis you stupid boy!" scoffed one of the hunters, she had spikey black hair and electric blue eyes. No one questioned the existence of the Greek Gods since Shadowhunters believed in every religion.

        "Hey! Don't talk to him like that! Only I can call him a stupid boy!" yelled Clary, defending her boyfriend. "Yeah!- Wait, what?"

        One of the girls, possibly the leader, Luna thought stepped forward and seem to grow 15 years in an instant. When she finished she looked about 27 and had tears in her silver eyes. She embraced Luna in her arms.

        "Um what are you doing? I don't know you." Luna asked alarmed. "What is your name my dear?" asked the now older woman.

        "What?" asked Luna  "Your name, what is it?" "Luna Belfire, why?" Luna responded. She never got an answer the woman seemed to cry and hug her tighter. "Look lady, I don't know what is going on and I just got back and I'd really like to-" but she got interupted.

        "I'm your mother child, Artemis the Greek Goddess of the Moon and the Hunt."