Chapter 4: Poisonous Words

A/N

There will be a long authors note at the end of this chapter (:

*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 4: Poisonous Words

Luna’s POV

                I struggled with the constraints around my hand and ankles, effectively trapping me to the chair. I felt the coolness of a metal blade being placed against my neck lightly; but still enough to draw a bit of blood.

                “ Luna, you made a very bad decision. I told you to stay away from Alec.” Katie spoke while tutting me. “You will pay for all of this Luna Wetherton, mark my words, in the end… you will get what’s coming to you.

                With that said she sliced the blade across my neck while laughing hysterically-

I woke with a start, only to find myself in my dorm room. I sighed while rubbing my face, trying to get rid of all the built up tension in my head.

                The alarm clock blinked, taunting me that it was only 3 A.M. I pulled myself out of bed to go flip on the light switch, because there was no possible way I could fall back asleep after that dream.

                When I passed by my door, I noticed a little flap of paper sticking up. After picking it up I realized that it was a note, a note addressed to me. I quickly unfolded it, excited that on my first day someone would take some time out of his or her day to write me a note.

As I read on though, I realized that it wasn’t meant to be a nice note. It was meant to be poisonous with all of it’s hurtful words. The bright smile dropped from my face, replaced by a frown and blurred vision. No Luna, I thought, Don’t let their words get to you. Don’t cry.

                But it was useless. After reading it over and over, tears were streaming down my face, dotting the paper. My throat clenched and all I wanted to do was scream at whoever wrote this. A sob broke out from my throat and that’s when I gave up.

                I threw the note onto the floor and ran out of my room, endless tears pouring out of my eyes. I ran and ran, finally coming across two big metal doors.

                I pushed them open to reveal a gym full of equipment. Treadmills, weights, bikes, and punching bags scattered across the tattered carpet floor, paired with chipping, blue paint on the walls.

                I stomped over to one of the punching bags, lifting my constricting shirt off, leaving me in my tank top and short shorts. I clenched my fists and swung at the punching, non-stop, trying to rid myself of the pain.

                But with each punch, brought one line from the note, screaming in my mind.

                *SMACK* ‘Why would anyone like you? Your own parents can’t stand to look at you. You’re such a freaking FAILURE.’

                *PUNCH* ‘You should just do everyone around you a favor and kill yourself. You’re a FREAK.’

                *BAM* ‘You think pretending to be something your not will get you any friends? Even being the complete opposite of what you were, you’re still a LOSER.’

                *BOOM* ‘What are those scars on your wrist Luna? Get over yourself you fucking REJECT.’

                *SMACK* ‘You’re just a pretender. You pretend that words like this aren’t true. Face the facts you bitch, you will never become popular and you will never have any true friends. They just pretend to be your friend so they can laugh at you behind your back. You will always be an OUTCAST.’