Chapter 3

Sunday night

I was so happy to be home. Everything was perfect. I was happy to be out of that hospital. It was depressing there. It was 7 at night but it seemed like it was 10. I was pretty tired. I looked at my phone and realized I had one missed call from Claire. So I called her back.

"Claire!" I said

"Callie ! Omg I'm so sorry I couldn't go visit you this weekend.. I was busy with my mom.. Her cancer is getting worse. I hope she makes it through." Claire said I could hear the worry in her voice.

"Don't worry Claire, your mom needs you more then I do. Joy will get through this don't worry" I said.

"How are you feelings ?" Claire said

"I'm fine. I'm just glad to be going to school to go back to my old life.. You know without.. you know who.." I said.

"Callie your going to school ? Why ? I think you need rest girl.. But if your ready for school don't worry I'm going to be with you through it all. Gotta go mom is calling me. See you tomorrow" Claire said

"Thanks see you tomorrow" I said

"Kids come down for dinner" mom said.

I got up and opened the door. Went down the stairs to the table. I could spell the rice, the beans, the chicken it was delicious ! I loved this it was the way we use to be before dad had to leave for his job. After dinner, during desert it got quiet. You could hear a pin drop from a mile away. So I broke the silence.

"Dad how long are you here for?" I said

"Honey" he said giving me a disappointed look

"I'm leaving tonight" he said

"WHAT!?" Cris and I both yelled.

Mom didn't seem surprised, yet again with dad leaving and coming back every month or two months. I can see why she wasn't as shocked.

"Cristian, Callie I love you both and your mother but I have to work my job is very.."

"We know we know important you can't miss a thing" we said in unison interrupting him.

"Exactly I love the three of you. This trip is going to be longer then the others so Cristian your the man of the house till I can come back. It might even be a year" he said getting up.

I looked over at mom who was trying to be strong for both Cris and I. He kissed me on the head and hugged me but not too tight. He hugged Cris and kissed my mom good bye.

Cristian's P.O.V

I knew my dad was lying to both my mom and cal. I couldn't believe that he could do that like nothing. My dad was a good father and husband... But when it came to work he did what he had to do, no matter what the risk was. I mean it too he did what he had to do even if it was risky.

* 2 weeks later*

Cal was sleeping over Claire's house. I was so glad that way I could talk to mom. I knew she knew what was going on. I walked into the room

"Mom" I said

"Come in honey" Mom said

"We need to talk about dad..I know what's going on"

I said she looked at my in disappointment as if she didn't want me to know but I knew.

"I knew you would find out soon or later" she said

"I only know what he told me the night he got back from where ever he was and that he was lying to cal. He isn't the CEO of that company is he mom?" I said

"No honey your dad is important so that isn't a lie also he knows so many people. Some people like him some people just want to see him dead" she said I was shocked I just got up and left I wasn't ready. I wasn't read to know what my dad did that was important that he would die for it.

She came into my room "I'm sorry honey" she sad and kissed me on the head

"Don't worry mom I'm fine I just need to process this" I said

"I understand good night love you" she said

"love you too mom" I said

* 2 months later*

Callie's P.O.V

I haven't seen my father since I got back from the hospital. He has only called three times since then. I missed him so much. My mom did too but she was hiding it. I could here her cry at night. I felt terrible but she didn't want us to know.

I got to school. As I was getting out of Claire's car I saw a familiar face.. It was Matt! .. Claire looked in the direction I was looking toward. She dropped her bag and gave out a scream. Cristian came running over us I couldn't speak, my knees were shaking, the hair on the back of my neck was standing up. I pointed to were we saw him and he was gone. Where did he go?

"What happened Cal talk to me! What did you too see?" Cristian said I wasn't paying attention to him.

I was still in shock finally I said "Matt .. he came back.." I broke down and cried.

Cristian's P.O.V

As I was getting out of the car. I saw Claire and Cal looking toward something. I started walking over to them, then Claire dropped her bag and screamed. I ran over to them to see what was wrong. It's like they were both hypnotized they wouldn't stop looking in that direction. I looked also but saw nothing. It was cold outside, it started to snow. I asked Cal what happened and she said "Matt...he came back" Cal said. I couldn't believe it. My dad was right we have to leave. When my dad told me that night we have a month or two I thought we would have more but I guess I was wrong. I can't believe this. He is back, he wants revenge for what I did. Also for what my dad did what ever my dad did.