Worried

"That was fucking awesome, Jessica!  She's gonna kill him!" Sarah says with excitement.

Jessica sighs.
"This is why I'd rather just stay home, Sarah."

"No!  Jess, you can't let them run you."

"I know that.. whatever, it's over.  I really need a nap, can we please just go back home?"

"Sure."

**

Jessica took a nap while Sarah finished up on some homework.

When Jessica woke up she had the worst backache.
Sarah heard her groan so she turned around to see what was wrong.

"You okay?" She asks.

"I just slept wrong.  My back hurts."

"Oh.. hey Jess?"

"Yeah?"

"I was wondering.. graduation.. how is that gonna go?"

"What do you mean?  I'm gonna be there."

"Jessica, you're due on June 8th and graduation is on June 2nd."

"The only way I'm not going to be there is if I'm in labor! I've worked hard and I want my baby to be proud of me. I will walk across that stage, Sarah."

"Okay, well I was just asking!
She'll be proud of you no matter what, Jess."

"Thanks.. still.. there are so many people expecting me to fail.  I want to prove to them that I can do it."

There was a short pause and suddenly Jessica started crying softly.

"My parents.. I know they don't believe in me.. but I want to graduate and go to college to make something of myself for me and my daughter!  I will work so hard for her.. because my parents never acted they way with me.  I'm going to show her the love of a mother and a father!  Even with only one parent she'll still have more love than I ever did." Jessica's voice cracks.

Sarah didn't say a word as she walked over to the bed and gave Jessica a long tight hug.

"I love you, Jess.  So many people Love you!  I know that you will be the most incredible mother.. to little Sarah." Sarah says trying to make light of the situation.

Jessica laughs.
"Thank you, Sarah."

"Love you, sis."

"I love you too." She says with a soft smile.

***

March 26th.
28 weeks pregnant.

"I am officially in my third trimester, you guys!  My little girl is almost here!"

"Oh honey, I can't wait to meet the little princess!" Liz smiles.

"Me too!  Nana, you're coming with me to my appointment today, right?"

"Of course I am!"

"Great!  Today we'll get to see her little face on the 3D ultrasound!"

"Oh that's so exciting!"

"I know!  She still has some room in there plus she's looking more like a real baby so it's the perfect time to do it!
Maybe seeing her face will help me decide on a name!"

"Maybe!  What names are you leaning towards?"

"Hadley and Brynlee."

"I love them both!"