Prince or Princess

"The end!" Danny said as he closed the book then kissed the top of Brynlee's head.

She was cuddled up in his arms and her head was resting on his chest.

"That was a nice story, daddy."

"It was, wasn't it?"

"Yeah.."

"I love you, baby girl."

"I love you too."

"You have sweet dreams, Alright?"

"You too." Brynlee smiles sweetly.

"Thanks, Princess."

Danny tucked Brynlee into bed and kissed her cheeks.
He then walked back to to his and Jessica's bedroom.

Jessica was sitting on the bed in tears.

"Hey, why are you crying, Princess?"

Danny hurried to the bed and wrapped his arm around her.

"I'm so sorry, Danny."

"Baby, don't be sorry!  You have no control over what comes out of his mouth."

"Still.. I'm sorry that things have to be this way.. why can't you just be her father?  Why does he have to be in the picture?"

"I'm sorry things have to be this way.. but it will be okay.
Now you calm down because little squish does not like it when mommy is upset!" Danny says rubbing her stomach.

"I know.. poor baby, all I've done is cry and worry the past few weeks.

"It's okay.  It's all going to be okay."

Jessica looks at him and smiles softly before placing her palm on his cheek.

"Oh gosh!" Jessica flinches.

"What's wrong?!"

"The baby!"

"What about the baby, Jess?!" Danny panics.

"It moved!"

"Oh my gosh, really?!"

"Well yeah, it's that or my food is just coming back up!"

Danny chuckles and places his hand on her belly.

"See? The baby is saying, it's gonna be okay, mommy!" Danny says in a baby voice making Jessica laugh.

"It's still so small so you won't be able to feel." She pouts.

"Oh.. well still! This is so cool!" Danny says with his hand on her belly.

"It's so soon too!  This baby is going to be so active I bet!  I didn't feel Brynlee move until I was sixteen weeks."

"Really?  Aw, our little wiggle worm!" Danny rubs his hand on her stomach.

"I can't wait till you can feel it! It's the best feeling ever!"

"I can't wait, beautiful." Danny smiles then kisses her stomach before pecking her lips.

***

Derek's mother and Jessica spoke after their dinner with Derek. She of course apologized for her son's behavior.
Jessica wasn't upset with Cynthia, it was Derek's doing, not his mother's.

It's been three weeks and Derek has not contacted Jessica.  Cynthia and her husband have been over to the house for dinner and have taken Brynlee out to the park.