Ch1: Online Friendship

Title: Online Friends (Divergent)

Rating: Mature (eventually... slow burn)

Summary:

Modern AU: Two people meet in a Game of Thrones online chat room and become instant friends. After a couple of months of chatting, users DragonQueen (Tris) and SexyWolf (Tobias) decide to give it a try and meet on a blind date. What happens when sparks fly, but not in a good way?

**I have no rights to these characters, all belong to TDS author, Veronica Roth **

++o+ Chapter One: Online Friendship +o++

01.03.2018

DragonQueen: Okay, Mr. Sexy... I just got caught up. I finished episode 6 of season 2. As I'd anticipated, work was a nightmare today, so I only got home an hour ago.

SexyWolf: First, you need to stop calling me MR. Sexy. I was so drunk when I made up my username, and I only kept the name SexyWolf because my best friend, who is kind of an ass, dared me to use it! Also, WhiteWolf was already taken... lol. Kidding. I am probably the farthest thing from sexy. I consider myself more of the quiet/aloof type ;-) Well, except for you. In all seriousness, I think our talking online so much has helped me open up to you. I am much more reserved in my real life.

DragonQueen: Okaaaaay – I am going to pretend to believe you regarding the username. ;-) But yes, I can understand the allure of the online friend thing. I'm glad you've gotten comfortable enough to open up to me.

SexyWolf: Me too, DQ. So, on to Game of Thrones. Did you manage to make it through the episode without vomiting?

DragonQueen: Just barely. Even seeing the introduction of Ygritte's character was enough to make me queasy. I hate how HBO romanticized her character and her relationship with Jon Snow.

SexyWolf: I know you do. I don't care much for her character, either. And the actress that played her was not my type: I don't like redheads. I think redheads are evil.

++long pause++

SexyWolf: Shit. You aren't a redhead, are you? I swear I was only joking about the evil thing. Well, kinda. Lol

DragonQueen: I am sitting at my computer laughing... at you! But no, I am not a redhead. Not that it would offend me if you didn't like my hair color. I appreciate you much more for your insightful thoughts regarding Game of Thrones, and that you are willing to re-watch the series with me and discuss it episode by episode.

SexyWolf: Of course, DQ, you are my best friend. Who else would I want to talk with about our favorite show?

DragonQueen: Hmmm...your best friend? You won't even write out my full username, calling me DQ! Best friend is a pretty big title for you to give to a girl you have never met in real life.

SexyWolf: First, if you want me to write out DragonQueen every time, I will do it for you. I'll do anything for you. LOL As for us not having met in person... Well, that is true, but you do feel like my best friend. We have been talking online for many months now — pretty much daily. When I have a problem, you are the first person I think of to talk to about it. Of course, someone who loves Game of Thrones as much as you do must be a wealth of knowledge about the real world!

DragonQueen: I am just teasing you! The truth is, your (cyber) friendship has become really important to me, too. I feel like I can talk to you about anything. So, thank you for that. There is something that feels safe about speaking to someone online that is never going to be in your "real life" — it makes it more secure, I guess?