6

After consulting the other maids on where clean bedding was, seeing as the royals had to have clean sheets everyday, you fixed his bed all nice and neat, wrinkle free with an iron pressed look. You were so proud of the work that it was too good. Motivated with spite and boredom you climbed onto his bed to jump on it a few times yet, before you could jump, something caught your attention. Carefully you crawled off the bed, to walk towards a small table. Next to a cylindrical object, labeled with a number four, was the exact sparkling cut in half geode you gave him. Honestly, the fact Yonji still had it was beyond amazement, it was nothing valuable, and he was not that kind of person to keep such frivolous things.

      Why did he keep this?

     As far as you, and likely anyone else could tell, he was more of a stuck up kind of prince. Thinking the royal blood line was far better and superior, servants were as such and not workers, and honestly his whole personality is just beyond bizarre in a non-outstanding way. A little snarky, perverted, and just hard to explain beyond that point.

     From seeing the geode, you were filled with more and more questions, and without realising it, you fixed the few wrinkles on the bed spread and left with a hm and tilted head.

    Walking down the echoing hall, and not knowing what to do next, you saw the blue haired brother turn the corner. Instantly remembering the past encounter with him, you did not want to see him again. Quickly with your head down, you speed walked by him.

     He obviously noticed.

       Niji stopped for a second, only to let out an unnescesarily loud whistle, the kind one does to an attractive person.

        This made you uncomfortable, as you continued walking at a furious pace and somehow, you could feel that creepy and up to no good grin of his from afar. As you walked, Yonji's voice could be heard yet you made no intention of seeing that man, or any of the Vinsmoke family members for that matter. Eventually you ended up back at the cozy quarters of the maids, seeming cozy only due to the ill feeling towards the main family as this was out of there way.

    The rest of the day continued with little to no interruptions. No Yonji, no Niji. Nothing except the maids that felt to grow a stronger bond with you, even one from the same island that once bore your presence. The whole day, finding whatever to occupy within the small quaters.

    After going to sleep, you woke up to an annoying sound. A ring, repetitive. The transponder snail rung next to the bedside table. In all honesty, you never knew how one of these worked, living in the streets, there was never really any access to one nor was there any reason for using it. The best guess you made seemed to have worked.

     "Hey, maid girl. Come to my room would ya." Yonji, who else would be ever so kind to leave the snail there in the first place.

      "Piss off." Now was not the time to poke the bear. He hung up, yet you knew you had to listen to such a matter, begrudgingly and without a doubt. Walking through the halls, night gown and all, with a glaring look, Yonji was waiting outside of his room, door open wide. He stole a glance then continued walking inside of his room and to the balcony.

      "Acting strange... I mean... he always does but... strange for him I guess..." with tiredness, you only spoke in mumbles, and this time to yourself seeing his behaviour.

    Yonji's eyes stared out, blankly, perhaps lifeless to a sky with the faintest of light on its horizon.

    Maybe this fact alone was obscure, miniscule and odd to question the thought, 'Is he really a human?' That expression, one of emptiness, it was not a foreign thing in your life, witnessing it, making it, yet his seemed to be a void. Not just empty, as many call it, but completely empty, lifeless.

     Break the ice.

        "So where's that other brother I haven't met?" Perhaps it was a good thing to stray from asking of why he brought you here, maybe later. Wide awake and forgetful of the sleep once burdened.

      "Why you interested in such a loser? I wont allow you to be his maid you know."

     "Okay... I don't know the guy, why would I want that?" You just sigh, he's obviously acting weird, deal with it, he might snap, no feisty attitude "He's just been talked about a lot, weird I haven't seen him."

     "Eh. He's going to be our little runt and marry into a useful family. Obviously we will benefit from it. He'll be useful for once in his life." Yonji's attitude came back a bit more, maybe it was normal, you have only known him a few days.

    It will take a while to fully know him, if ever.

(When I get around to it, the next chapter should start leading into some things.)