12 - #JoNeth

JORELLE

Nagising ako sa liwanag na tumatama sa mukha ko. As I moved I noticed Kenneth's arms wrapped around my waist. He was still sound asleep and I took that opportunity to stare at him. A tear slipped out my eye as I realized he is not legally my husband.

Pinunasan ko ang luha ko and tried looking for my clothes, nang kukunin ko na ang damit ko ay bigla akong hinatak ni Kenneth pabalik sa kama.

"Wifey, let's cuddle for a while." Hinigpitan niya ang yakap sakin and kissed my neck.

I didn't respond and just let him hug me. I caressed his face and I just then realized I was crying again.

Kenneth wiped away my tears and kissed my head. Hinigpitan niya pa lalo ang yakap niya sakin at then cupped my face.

"Wifey, h'wag ka na masyadong mag-isip ng kung anu-ano. I'll take care of this," He held my hand and kissed it. "I promise you."

Niyakap ko si Kenneth at siniksik ko ang mukha ko sa leeg niya. Even though I was containing myself, I can't help but cry. Wala kasi akong magawa.

"Please stop crying, Jorelle. I can't take it. This is my fault. It was my mother's plan. I should've known that she would make a move on ruining us. I'm so sorry.."

"None of this was your fault, Kenneth."

Kenneth looked at my face. He kissed my swollen eyes and then kissed my lips.

The kiss was gentle and caring until Kenneth stopped and stared at me.

"What if you get pregnant? Maybe my mom would stop defying us once she finds out you are bearing her grandchild."

Napatigil ako nang sabihin yun ni Kenneth.

"Are we ready for a child, Kenneth?"

"We've been together for quite a while now, I know that you'll be a good mother to our child and I promise that I'll do my best to provide the things you'll need and be the best husband you'll ever see."

Saglit kaming nagkatitigan ni Kenneth and when I smiled at him, he aggressively kissed me and take me.

3RD PERSON

TANGHALI na nang magising ulit si Kenneth. He then saw his wife beside him sleeping beautifully. Who would've thought that the world could be so much beautiful with her around?

He knew he should make a move. If not, mauunahan nanaman siya ng magaling niyang ina at baka tuluyan itong magtagumpay sa pagsira sa buhay niya. Ulit.

He left a note on the bed table saying that he will head to work. As he went to his office, there were unrecognizable stares from his office workers. Naningkit lang ang mata niya at nagpatuloy sa paglalakad hanggang sa makarating siya sa opisina niya.

As he opened the door, he then saw a figure of a woman standing in front of his desk.

The woman looked at Kenneth and smiled. She took off her shades and walked to him.

"Long time no see, Mi Amore."

"Raine, what are you doing here?" Raine caressed Kenneth's chest while looking straight into his eyes. "Did nobody told you that you are not welcome here?"

"That's cold.." Then Raine smirked, "But this is the Kenneth I like."

"Ano nanamang inutos sa'yo ng nanay ko ngayon, Raine?" Umupo lang sa swivel chair si Kenneth at sinimulan ang trabaho niya.

"I'm in debt with your mother! I don't really want to do this but I have no choice. Our company's at stake. And besides, it's a win-win situation for me. I get to save my family's business plus I get to marry my childhood love."