Chapter 8-Twerk and Promise

Read allllllll the way to the bottom.  There's a little treat fo' ya. *wink wink*

I was a bundled of nerves as I approached my house with my brother. It'd been almost a month since the last time I was here. Once again, I tried to shove the letter in my brother's hand and run. He grabbed the collar of my jacket and jerked me back.

"Oh, no. Teegan, you're going to go in there and give it to them yourself." He shoved the letter back in my hand and pushed me up to the porch.

I put my hands together in prayer and begged. "I...please. I can't."

"This is a good thing," Tyron insisted.  "You're getting married to your best friend. You have a dominant that will take care of you. Why are you afraid?"

"I-I don't know." I did know. I don't want to run into him again and experience his scathing words, his hateful glare, or his violent hands. I may be self-confident most times but my father had this way of chopping me down into bits and making me feel more worthless than dust. The flashbacks had me on the verge of panic.

"Tee-"

The door opened and, like a pussy, I hid behind my little brother. My sister Tara's laughter met my ears and I instantly relaxed.  Fucking bitch but I still love her.

"Oh my god! Teegan, your face!" she screeched.

I flipped her the bird. "Jerk." I wrapped my arms around her like she was the air I needed to breathe. I nuzzled the side of her neck and inhaled as much of her as I could. "I miss you."

She stroked my head. "Same, little brother."

There was a throat clearing and Xavier and Zylan pried us apart.

"Our turn!" Zylan declared hugging me from the front.

"Brother hog!" Xavier hugged me from the back making a bro-sandwich. When we were done, we stepped into the house. I refused to go past the foyer. I pulled out the letter and handed it to Tara.

"Can you give this to mom?"

She turned it over. "Sure? What is it?"

"My marriage notice. I need her to sign some papers," then I reached into my pocket and pulled out a long red envelope with gold lettering. "And...um...this is notice of the Dominant Dowry being offered."

They were dumfounded.

Tara's eyes were wide. "You found a dominant?"

"You're getting married!?" Xavier screamed.

I nodded.

Zylan smirked. "Is it Lorde?"

I couldn't stop the smile that spread across my face and nodded. My siblings fangirled and hugged me. They loved Lorde. Enough so that when we argued, they often took his side over mine. Traitors.

Tara squashed my face against her boobs jumping up and down. "Tee, that's wonderful!"

Tyron pulled me out of her arms saving me from 'death by breast suffocation.' "Lorde will make you so happy."

"I just hope I can make him happy," I said shyly.

"Are you kidding?" Xavier smacked my arm. "He's nuts about you."

Tara sucked her teeth and flicked her wrist.  "Yeah, he nearly barged in and dragged you out of your room that Sunday."

"Mom talked him down," Tyron snickered.