Chapter 27-Frenemies

It was mid August and I was back on the grind. I had twelve credits to finish my degree and I was determined to get it done in eight weeks. Lorde wasn't pressuring me to get my bachelor's so I decided I'd finish this for now and focus on my baby girl, mom, and Knox. I was able to work from home and worked something out with my direct manager in the company with regard to meeting clients. Lorde told me I didn't have to worry about it but he knows me. When I commit to something that's it.

One of the courses I took had to do with analyzing company financial records for more accurate business forecasts. As I analyzed some of the company's records, I noticed some of the financials weren't adding up. Ridiculous reimbursement claims, profit shortfalls, unauthorized reallocation of funds from one sector to another, over-inflated supplies, misappropriation of funds and so on. Knox was pretty good with money and I was making him help me with my studies to keep him occupied and mom had gone to school at one point for accounting. I showed them both my findings and they came up with the same conclusion I did.

People were ripping off the company.

I spoke with Mr. Morrissey- Isaac and asked his advice. He was more than a client.  He was a mentor, a partner, a friend.  He advised me to hire an investigator and auditor to get evidence before bringing it to Lorde. I couldn't believe it. Lorde was such a good boss. He genuinely cared for his people. He treated them all well from their generous base pay to bonuses. They had the best benefits and vacation time. The company always had social events to strengthen teams. To know they would take advantage of him because he was young just angered me to no end.

After a four month investigation, we had all the evidence we needed. I organized a company wide luncheon inviting the board, investors, and some partners. It was quite the turn-out. During the luncheon, I did a slide show presentation on loyalty. I explained what loyalty meant. I gave examples. I thanked those that had been loyal to their young CEO and the company.

Then I dropped the hammer on them explaining how people hadn't been loyal to their company and employer. Once I finished listing the offenses committed by those in attendance, the cops and FBI showed up at the entrances. I began to call off the names of people who had done everything from embezzlement to selling company secrets. Out of 300 employees, 30 were carted out in handcuffs. Their desks and offices had been searched during the presentation. They ranged from secretaries to bookkeepers to investors and one business partner.

When they were all carted off, I was given a standing ovation. Lorde picked me up and kissed me breathless inciting cheers and whistles. People came up commending me for a job well done and Isaac, again, told Lorde to fire everyone and just keep me on. Lorde was so turned on, we didn't leave the building until damn near midnight as he ravaged me all over every inch of his office.

By Christmas, Knox was almost back to his jubilant self. I made him take courses since he was so good at helping me during the investigation. Mom even decided to take a few courses and got a degree doing childhood education. Everyone was doing well. Zylan had his bond ceremony in October. Milton and Emile had their bond ceremony after Lourdes was born and their baby was due in February. My other siblings moved from the house and were living on their own.

As I lay cuddled with my best friend, my lover, my dominant, my bondmate, my heart and soul-I thought over the rollercoaster that was my life and smiled. We had so many ups and downs and twists and turns. He could have chosen another sub, he could have left me to fend for myself and yet, he chose me over and over and over again.

* I know...it's uber short.  Don't shoot me.  Lorde and Miracle's story is winding down.  What would you like to see happen to these two lovebirds?