Chapter 15 - New Year, New Us

A bond ceremony was like a wedding and collaring ceremony in one. We stand in front of an officiant, recite the dom and sub pledges in front of our family and friends. I would put my collar on him and we'd exchange wedding rings.  A court official and your mentor from one of the clubs had to be there as well.

We decided to have ours the first week in February. Miracle started working on finishing his high school courses online a few days after Christmas and wanted to be done before we did the ceremony. He was so focused and driven after the disaster at his parents'. He even ignored affection and intimacy with me a few times in lieu of holing up in my room finishing some coursework or some household task I had assigned him. I wanted to spend New Year's on a date with him but he insisted on dinner at home so he could work on his courses.

"But, Miracle-" I whined one day after he shot me down again.

"Daddy, please," he begged holding my hands. "We will spend New Year's together for the rest of our lives. I want to hurry and finish this so when we have our bond ceremony I can give 100% of my focus to the man I love."

This bastard. Goddamn I love his ass so much. How can you say no to that kind of logic? I hugged him tightly. "I love you so much."

He smiled. "I love you more."

"Prove it."

He wagged his finger at me and put his hand on his hip.  "Stop distracting me."

"Who's the dom?" I asked crossing my arms.

He cupped my face in his hands and gave  me several butterfly kisses.  "You are my sweet, sexy, understanding, lenient, compassionate, loving dom."

"You buttering me up?"

He batted his dark eyelashes.  "Is it working?"

No.  Not at all.  Not one single bit.  "Yes."

"Good." He pecked my lips then pushed me slightly. "Shoo. I need to finish this assignment then feed baby before Tara and Collie show up."

"Oh? What are you guys getting into?"

"I dunno. They wanted me to go shopping with them since we didn't make it the other day. I told them I'd give them two hours then I need to finish some more work." He sighed. "I want to finish this so I can enjoy our special day and our honeymoon without anything hanging over my head."

I hugged him again and peppered him with kisses. "If you need help, let me know."

"I will. Oh!" He pulled away and went over to the desk. He moved some things around until he found a black folder under some papers. He opened it and took out a sheet and handed it to me. "I found a house that I like. I really like the floor plan."

He started pointing different things out on the diagram.

" I think the baby's room should go here. We'll keep this room as a guest room and office for you. While I'm out today, I thought I'd look at some paint swatches so you can paint."

He said that last part poking me in the stomach. I laughed softly. "You've got it all worked out, huh?"

He shrugged. "You take care of everything else. I thought I'd do this much."

"What about the car?"

"Oh!" He pulled out a piece of paper from his coat pocket and unfolded it. "What do you think of this one?"

It was a newer model seven seat Ford Explorer with leather seats. I figured he'd choose something more expensive. My baby was so frugal. I nodded in approval and kissed his forehead. "I'll let you finish your work. Holler if you need me."

"Love you, daddy"

"Love you too."

Tara and Collie showed up and whisked him away two hours later. My mom and Miracle's shanghaied me off to finalize things for the bond ceremony. We decided on the beach with a blue and white Greek theme and bougainvillea flowers. It was my way of paying homage to his mother's Greek ancestors. I chose Miracle's outfit, a white yukata trimmed with blue Greek key symbol which symbolizes infinity and a dark blue belt. I also chose a second outfit which would be worn under the yukata and revealed during the collaring portion of the ceremony.

The menu consisted of all of Miracle's favorites from different places. We had food from his favorite Caribbean, Italian, African, Brazilian, and Mexican restaurants. Ever been to a wedding with fancy food that was tasteless as hell? Yeah, that wasn't happening at ours. After the menu was settled, we went to one of mom's friends, an Italian baker, who designed the perfect cake for our special day.

While we were picking up last minute things, Tara sent me a text with several pictures. I showed our moms the furniture that Miracle had picked out. They nodded with approval commenting on his excellent taste. I thanked his sister then phoned the store and ordered everything to be delivered to the new house. He was going to be so excited.

When we got home, dad was cooking and we filled him on all the happenings. He also commented us on how well put together everything was and he handed me an envelope with tickets to our honeymoon destination and hotel reservation information. I have the best dad in the world! I jumped on the old man like a little kid and kissed him all over his face. Everything was just perfect.

By January 25th, Miracle was a frazzled bundle of nerves. Everything set him off. Everything hit him at once. He nearly passed out from exhaustion trying to finish his courses a week early. The bond ceremony was a week and a half away, and he was 13 weeks pregnant. His breasts hurt, he was bloated, and still nauseous but not as much.

As is tradition in my family, we were separated for the week leading up to the ceremony. All the important subs came and whisked him away somewhere to prepare him for life as a married bonded submissive. The same was supposed to happen for me as a dominant but all we did was sit around drinking, playing cards, grilling and other stuff with some advice thrown in here and there. Two days before the bond ceremony we went to the new house to paint and set up the new furniture.

Everyone was impressed by the things Miracle picked out. Zylan and Milton were commenting how they should have him come decorate their homes when they got bonded. Andace said she'd ask Lemon to design a garden in the backyard. Tara and Xavier were going to pay for the playscape for the baby.

Master Eros, dad, and Milton helped me set up the play equipment in the bedroom. It was all designed to be hidden in plain sight, under the bed, or disguised as multi-functional furniture. Dad took a look at the nursery and told me not to do anything with it. He said he and mom would take care of it. So we painted it a light grey, the color of my beloved's eyes, and left it. The car would be delivered while we were on our honeymoon and Andace said she'd handle it for me. I went to bed early that night dreaming of my new life.

*Thanks to all ye faithful.  Hello to all the new readers/voters/commentators/followers/emailers.

**That Lorde.  He just jumps right in and handles business.