[Philophobia]

[Nico] - Eleven

Nico couldn't really describe what was happening. One minute, Will was happy, laughing at himself, and making more corny jokes (that Nico had yet to smile over). The next minute, he was silent, observing Nico quietly. It made the son of Hades nervous. 

"What'cha doin'?" He asked, a anxious chuckle followed his voice. Will shook his head. "I feel bad. I really do." Will stated, Nico cocked an eyebrow. "Are you sick?" He managed to question, trying to ignore the feeling of grass on his (now) bare feet. Seeing his shoes to his left, Nico debated whether he really needed them on of not.

"No. Like, I feel guilty." Will further explained, sighing as he laid down on the camp blanket. The thick wool dampening from the wet grass below them. The breeze blew Nico's bangs from out of his eyes, and he stared at Will.

"Why?" He asked, but felt as if he'd regret it.

Will let out a pitiful laugh. "This isn't a date. . . Not really." Nico was still confused.

"Olivia wanted me to do this, said it would help you and me." Nico felt anger start to bubble up. "What do you mean help us?! I was forced into this, and I've been terrified from the moment you knocked on my door." Nico snapped, his voice quickly turning venomous. 

Will winced.

"She said something about my closed-off nature being from the war, and how I need more people in my life. Also, she insisted that you're one tough cookie, so you're the least likely to die here, so I won't have to worry about being close to you and then loosing you." Will said, trying to blink back tears. 

Nico noticed.

"Don't cry." He said, his voice softer than before. "We can be friends, just, not. . ." 

"Significant others?" Will suggested, Nico smirked.

"More like significant annoyance in your case, Solace." 

Will laughed, then popped a grape into his mouth.

"I'd like that." He stated, swallowing the fruit.

Nico held out his pinkie, fears vanishing.

"Friends?"

Will looked at his pinkie. "Are we seriously pinkie promising our friendship?" He questioned, grinning ear to ear. 

"Yep."

"M'kay. Friends." 

They wrapped around each others pinkies and shook on it.  

A/n:

Just a big friendship between Nico and Will. Because, let's face it, Will is a kind boy who wouldn't want to lead a person on. He'd tell them straight up what's going on, and how he feels. He's such a good boy. He is best boy. . . Next to all the other best boys. . . 

WILL IS A SMOL BEANNNNN!!!!!

~ Bridget