Chapter 2

Everyone had gone to their classes so every step Kiara took echoed throughout the halls. She reached the office and the principal called for her to come to his office.

“ Kiara Summers,” the principal started. “ Yes Mr Stevenson,” she replied. “ I have been considering moving you to a higher class for your ability,” he said. “ If he moves me up a class, I won’t be with Maurice for any of my classes except for home group,” she thought to herself. “ It is completely up to you. If you are finding the work given to you easy, you are very welcome to move up,” he said. “ Sir, I don’t find the work that easy or that hard so I am comftable where I am for the moment,” Kiara answered. “ That is completely fine,” he replied.

They began chatting for around 10 minutes and then Kiara left Mr Stevenson’s office and walked into homeroom. “ Hey babe,” Kiara said to Maurice. “ Hey beautiful,” he whispered when she sat next to him. “ So what time do you want me to come over tonight?” Kiara asked. “ Around 5 o’clock would be good,” said Maurice.

“ Hey Kiki, someone called out,” it was Kiara’s best friend Abbey. “ Hi,” replied Kiara and gave her a hug. Kiara and Abbey kept chatting away. They day went by really quickly. The final bell rang and Kiara gave Maurice a kiss and told him she will see him at five o’clock.

Kiara ran home and got changed into some grey tracksuit pants and a blue t-shirt. It was 4:30pm and Kiara thought she might as well go to Maurice’s house now. She arrived at Maurice’s house and walked straight in as she always does. She walked up to Maurice’s room when she saw…