Chapter 4

When Kiara woke up, her face was still red and her pillow was wet. It was Wednesday and she had to go to school. She really didn’t feel like it at all, but she knew her mum wouldn’t let her stay home. She got up and went and had a shower, cleaned her teeth and straightened her hair. She went into her room and put on a pair of jeans, a red singlet and her pair of black Vans.

She then went downstairs and said good morning to her mum. “ Kiara, last night Maurice rang to see if you were ok. Did anything happen between you two?” asked her mum.  “ We broke up mum, I saw him with another girl, doing things me and Maurice didn’t even get to if you know what I mean, ” said Kiara. She began to tear up. “ Oh Kiara, that wasn’t very nice of him. He shouldn’t treat you like that.” Her mum stated. Kiara nodded her head.

 Kiara sat down at the dining table and ate her bowl of sultana bran. “ All right mum, I better go now, love you,” Kiara said. “ Ok Kiara, have a good day. Don’t let Maurice bother you,” Her mum replied. Kiara began to walk up her street to her school.

As she was walking, her phone began to ring. She took it out of her pocket and saw who it was. It was Maurice. She declined it straight away and began to cry. All of a sudden her friend Abbey walked out from her house and saw Kiara crying. “ Hey, what’s wrong Kiki?” she asked. “ Maurice invited me over to his house and I got there and he was making out with another girl,” she began sobbing. “ Well, I will sort that bastard out when I see him,” she answered angrily. They kept walking towards their school when a tall boy walked out in front of them and wouldn’t budge.