Chapter 6: "cheese."

Chapter 6
Cheese

"Fuck you Rose! There was space for two on that goddamn door! You selfish bitch! How could you let Jack die like that?!" Allison screams at the tv while throwing popcorn at it, crying as Jack dies.

Majority of the time, Allison is the nicest person in existence, she couldn't even hurt a fly. But when it comes to movies, she can be really aggressive. There's a reason why we never go to movie theatres and just end up watching it at home...

I'm not saying she's wrong, Rose really is stupid. I mean, there was space for more than two on that door! But stupid Rose had to go and hog it all for herself!

But I digress. Allison is usually nice, but once she spots a plot hole, such as Jack's unnecessary death as there was space for two on the door, she will cry and curse about it for the rest of her life.

Brett sits beside her, slowly moving his hand from around her shoulders as he fears for his safety while sitting next to his girlfriend, who was feeling particularly murderous at the moment. Allison takes no notice of this, too engrossed with the ending of the movie.

"How could they kill off such a pretty human?" Allison cries in agony, Summer and I agreeing with her. Young Leonardo Di Caprio was beautiful, there's no arguing with that. Brett frowns.

"Pfft, he's not that hot." He mutters. Big mistake. All three pairs of eyes instantly snap to him and throw murderous glares. If looks could kill, Brett would have died three times already. He shrinks down in his seat, realising that those words should never be uttered in our presence, and lifts his hands up in surrender.

As the movie finishes and I tidy up the popcorn by the tv, I get a text.

Jayden: Please entertain me. I'm so bored out of my mind that I have resorted to listening to the chatter of the waiters. Help me.

I laugh a little as I reply.

Me: I have half a mind to let you suffer, but I'm nice, so I'll try and help you. I would suggest asking them to give you a kids menu and some crayons to entertain yourself.

Jayden: Haha, you're so hilarious😑

Me: I know, don't need to tell me twice😉

Jayden: Wow, you're so humble even Ghandi doesn't stand a chance against you.

Before I can reply, I get a phone call.

"Thalia! How's my bestest friend in the whole wide world?" Says a familiar voice feigning innocence, one I know all too well. I can practically feel Chad grinning from the other side of the phone. Chad is in my biology class and I hadn't spoken to him in a while, it was nice that he chose to check up on me.

"Hey. I'm doi-" I get cut off. I spoke too soon.

"Yeah, I don't really care. Do you have any tape? And some hairspray?" He asks quickly. Tape? Hairspray? What the hell is this kid up to?

"Yeah? What do you need that stuff for?" I ask him, suspicious of his motives.

"Just doing a little project. I'll come by and collect the stuff in ten minutes. Bye!" And with that he hangs up, leaving me confused yet a smile tugged at the corners of my lips. I couldn't help it, no one could. His happiness was too damn contagious.