Chapter 7

As we went into the house I switched on the lights and kept my clutch and phone on the counter before my kitchen. I really loved my house, though it was a rented one but atleast it was all mine. Being alone over here I always felt like an independent, mature and resposible girl.
As we got in Jake took a view of the house as if he saw it for the first time.
"I think it has been a while since I visited you." He said.
"Months." I corrected.
"Yeah and the last time it was much of a mess."
I gave him an annoying look and grinned.
"But it looks great now. You have maintained it really well."
"Well, pleasure is all mine, darling." I bowed.
He started laughing.
"Coffee?" I asked.
"Umm...tea." He insisted.
"Sure." I chuckled.
I went into the kitchen,to prepare some tea. He followed me in.
I opened the fridge to take out milk.
"Chocolate shake!" Jake screamed, and honestly I was stuck for a moment, because in our group Jake is considered as the most quiet one, he never reaches out for things unless someone offers it to him. But this time he himself took the glass from the fridge.
"I hope you don't mind me having it?" He asked.
"Of course not. But what about the tea?"
"Ahh..forget it."
I smiled.
I took a bottle of mango juice and we sat on the couch.
"Ritz?" Jake said.
"Hmm"
"Would you mind me asking a question?"
"Of course not. You can ask me anything Jake."
"Anything?" He winked.
"Jake!" I grinned.
"Well, some other time I will surely ask you anything. Right know what I want to know is, that you don't know Steve at all, I mean personally, so are you sure he is as sweet in his personal life as he is on the camera?"
"Ummm.... well may I know why do you think so?"
"That's not an answer to my question."
"OK. Ummm..I do think about it sometimes. I mean it's obviously a matter of concern for me but I haven't ever had any kind of hint that leads me to this particular conclusion."
"Hmm." There was some wierd kind of reaction on Jake's face. As if something was disturbing him. As if he wanted to say something but couldn't, I could easily sense it.
"Jake?" I placed my hand on his shoulder.
"Yeah." He looked at me.
"All OK right? Is there something you wanna tell me, you can say it without any hesitation."
He took a deep breath as if he was planning to speak up but suddenly choked and stood up.
"I-I gotta leave now." He straight away reached for the door and moved out.
"Jake? Jake? Ja-" I found it quite wierd.
Why did he leave like that? What was it he wanted to tell me? I wanted an answer to all these questions. Though Jake's mysterious behaviour was not new to me, but this time it was not his behavior that stopped him, it was something else. Something he didn't want me to know. But the question still remains- "What?"