Chapter 8

After Jake left, I changed and went to sleep, I thought I would speak to him in the morning. The next day was a Sunday. I woke up late as I usually did on every Sunday.
As soon as I woke up I reached for my phone, to check the messages if any.
I opened my Instagram and was going through the stories and posts, when I checked the notifications.
Steve Austin started following you.
I was stuck for a moment. I felt a chill on my bones, my heart raced fast, I couldn't believe what I just saw. I started screaming and jumping on my bed.
I moved out of the bed went to the washroom to freshen up. Once I was done I took my phone and called Jess. She received the call after 3 rings.
"Hello?"
"Jess!"
"Morning Ritz."
"Morning, there is something important I need to tell you."
"What?"
"Steve started following me on instagram."
"What?"
"Yessss"
"That's amazing."
"Now should I text him?"
"Of course."
"But what? I need your help. Can we meet?"
"But I am on my way to the airport."
"Airport?"
"Yeah I am going home, actually mom's quite unwell."
"Oh. Well have a safe journey then. And wish Mrs.Paul a good health from me."
"Thank you Ritz. And I'm sorry."
"Its fine Jess. I'll see you once you are back"
And I hung up.
What should I do?
Should I text him?
But what?
Hii?
God! I need someone to help me.
I took my phone and started thinking what should I do?
Ok, what if Jess isn't here, we can take somebody else's advise as well.
Should I call Sophie?
No no she is terrible at these things, probably a single forever case.
Alex is useless, he will never take this seriously.
Anne is already so fucked up in her relationship with her boyfriend, Philip.
Jake?
Probably, he even understands me better than any of these.
But the way he left the previous night was restricting me to call him. But then keeping aside all those thoughts I dialled his number.
He didn't receive the call, I guess I knew why, and this behavior made me even more curious as to what was going on inside him. Well, may be I was wrong because after a few minutes he called me back.
"Hello?"
"You called me Ritz? What is it?"
"Yeah, you did not answer."
"Actually I was quite busy cleaning up my room."
"Oh, well I need to speak to you. Can we meet?"
"All OK?"
"Yeah, just need some advice. I'll tell you when we meet."
"OK then lets meet near your place. Starbucks Coffee, Southall.?"
"Yeah sure. In an hour?"
"OK. See you then."
Usually my Sunday showers are an hour long. But that day I took 25 minutes to get ready. I took my phone and left for the cafe. Before going to for the shower I texted Steve 'Hii.' My hair were wet and so I let them down and I am not much of a makeup girl, I usually keep simple. As I stepped out there was a cold breeze touching me causing my hair to come over my face. Oh, I loved this feeling, everthing seemed to be so beautiful since this morning. The cafe was a few minutes away from my place. When I reached there Jake was already there waiting for me. We looked for a table and settled in.
"So, what is it?" He asked me.
"I'll tell you but, can we please order something first? I'm starving."
"Sure." He grinned.
I ordered for two grilled cheese burgers and cappuccino. While I gave the order I noticed Jake was looking at me lost.
I waved him. "Lost? Where?"
"Wondering as to how can someone be so beautiful." He said still lost.
"What?" I gave him a strange look.
He suddenly blinked as if he gained his consciousness.
"Umm..n-nothing. Lets come to the point. What is it you wanted to discuss?"
"Yeah. Guess what? Steve started following me on instagram."
The expression on this face suddenly changed to that of pain and disappointment. But then he sunddenly gave me a smile, got up from the table and gave me a hug.
"That's an amazing news Ritz. I'm so happy for you."
"Thank you. Now listen to me. I want you to help me as how should I  take this furthur, cuz Jess isn't here."
"S-sure. I will be with you to provide you with any help you need."