Chapter 4

On the very same weekend, I was to go out clubbing with some of my friends. Honestly I wasn't interested but you can never win over your friends. I chose one of my favourite blue dress. We decided to go to The Hangout, the pub we usually went to. We were a group of six- four girls and two boys. I reached there with Jessica, one of my closest friends here. She was someone I always loved to spend time with.
When we reached there Alex and Anne were already there waiting for us. Sophie and Jake were yet to come. While the rest two arrived we decided to go in.
As we entered there were bright lights, loud music, all these things are usually fun but today they were irritating me like hell. As we entered the rest three  went straight for the drinks. I am not much of an alcohol lover, this is the one thing I hate about clubbing.  Anyways it did not take much time for Jess, Anne and Alex to get drunk.
" C'mon Ritz lets go dance." Jess said.
"No you guys go, I'll wait for Soaf and Jake right here."
"You sure?"
"Yeah."
Oh! I was hating this like anything. I wish I was alone at home listening to music and watching You Tube rather. While everyone was enjoying I was sitting in one corner thinking of some logical excuse to escape from here.
While I was deep into this thought I suddenly felt a jerk on my shoulder, like someone hit me hard. I turned around and Sophie appeared from the bright disco lights.
"Soaf! That hurt me so hard"
"Shut up Ritz! I've got some exciting news for you."
"What?"
"He's here."
"Who?"
"Steve!"
"What nonsense, this is impossible. He will never come over here"
Suddenly Jake appeared from back putting his hand on his waist. He was quite a good looking guy. Atleast I always found him hansome, and he looked even good in these bright lights.
"Believe me Ritz, I saw him out." Sophie continued.
"She's not lying Ritz. He is here." Jake said.
This is got to be some prank. I was unable to believe that Steve could come over here but at that very moment I heard someone announce behind me.
"Steve Austin is here. He coming in everyone."
I froze as I heard it. I looked at Sophie and she shrugged.
I moved my gaze to the entrance door, five men walked in I did not know three of them the rest two were Edward Collin- a country singer, and Steve.
Jake suddenly tightened his grip on me, I think he sensed I was about to fall off. People started to gather around Steve and Edward as they moved in.
"Ritz!!" Jess came to me.
"She knows about it. We already told her." Jake spoke on my behalf and I really thank him for that as I  was unable to utter a word.
"What the hell are you doing here you idiot? Go meet him." Anne said pulling me away from Jake.
"But how?" I managed to say.
"What do you mean How? Go greet him, take a picture with him, say 'I love you' and walk away.' Alex said as if he just told me the recipe of some dish.
"Oh shut up Alex, this us not funny. She means after whatever happened 3 days back how will she face him?" Jake took my side.
This is the one thing I loved about him, he was always the protective one. He always understood me.
'I think he likes you' Jess once said. But I think he just cared for me.  After all he knew that in my life the doors were closed for every guy except Steve. And even if it was so I'm sure Jake would have told me about it. Everytime he gets protective over me or shows his care or gives me any hint that he feels something for me I feel like asking him about it, but I am always afraid that it may embarrass him and I might also lose my friend. No matter what it was Jake was a very good person and someone you can easily have a heart to heart talk with.