Chapter 15

What's wrong?
Why was Sophie so tensed?
I just hope Jake is alright?
I hope it is not something serious.
My heart was pounding, I was getting all kind of negative thoughts in my mind.
I was in my night dress and I didnt even bother to change. I just rushed to Jake's place. I checked the time before leaving, it was 8:30 pm.
I had already called the cab.
I went down the building and called Sophie.
"Is everything alright? Jake? Is he Ok? What's going on Soaf?"
"You please come here as soon as possible. Jake is alright but the situation isn't? You just come."
Before I could say anything further she disconnected. But I was relieved that Jake was alright.
I reached Jake's place by 8:45 pm. I decided not to wait for the lift and took the staircase as it was just the third floor. I reached his flat and rang the door bell. Anne opened the door. I got in, everyone was in his living room. Jake was sitting on the sofa, Jess and Sophie were beside him, Alex was on the bean bag. Anne followed me in and sat on the chair. I took the other chair and sat down.
All their faces were sad and numb, on Jake's face there was regret, he was not making eye contact with anyone and was in some deep thought.
"Will anyone tell me what the hell is going on?" I almost screamed out of frustration and stood up. "You told me to come up as soon as possible cuz things weren't well. And now everyone is sitting numb an-" I was so frustrated that I could feel tears dwelling up in my eyes. But I tried hard to hold them back.
"Guys please tell me what's wrong." I requested.
Everybody looked at Jake.
"Jake atleast you say something." I was still trying hard not to cry.
"Forget it, he is not going to utter a word I know that." Alex said. I could sense the anger in his words. I had never seen Alex being so serious, he was always the most carefree person around.
"Alex you tell me." I demanded.
"Ritz, Jake has decided to resign from the job and is moving to Manchester and find some job there." Alex explained.
I finally lost the control on my tears and could feel them falling down my cheeks. I looked at Jake, he still had his head buried down. I wiped the tears on my face.
"But why?" I managed to say.
"He says he doesn't feel home here and wants to move to his home city." Jess told me while Jake got up and moved to the window.
I moved to Jake,
"And it took you fucking ages to figure that out, right?" I held him on his shirt's collar. "You can fool all of them Jake but not me." Everyone stood up as I said it. "I know this not feeling home and all is just some excuse, you have to tell me today what is it you are hiding. I dont care about you being selfish and all that crap. I just cant see you dying with it inside anymore." After my last comment, for the first time he looked up straight into my eyes. I could see the tears falling down from his eyes. I dont know why but it killed me to see him cry. Without even giving it a thought I hugged him as hard as I could.
"Please don't go. Who will I have a heart to heart talk to if you are gone? Who will take my side when these idiots argue with me? No one else understands me as you do. And of course who will advice me, and instruct me when I have to go out with Steve." I could see the rest grin. And then all of them ran towards us and soon we were in a group hug and honestly I loved it. I could hear Alex sobbing. I was not shocked Alex and Jake were the closest of all friends, moreover Jake was always like an elder brother to him, who always tackled his immaturity and senselessness. When we moved away we were back to the sofa.
And for the first time in a while Jake spoke.
"Guys I know I am hurting you all by doing this, but please don't make this dufficult for me. I don't want to leave with tears in your eyes. You guys have been my only family here. So please we still have one week until I leave, so let's live it together rather than wasting it. Please." He tried hard not to cry.
"Yes." Alex got up from his place and jumped onto Jake's lap. Jake almost screamed. "We will enjoy our last week with our buddy." Alex said. And then Jake pushed him down and finally there was a smile on all of our faces.
We were all hungry so we decided to have our dinner at Jake's place.

It was quite late by the time I got home. I went to bed but couldn't sleep. The only thing that was going on in my mind was that Jake was leaving, that after one week I will not be able to see him ever. The thought of him going away was becoming painful for me. Though I agreed to everyone that we will not argue over this topic and that if this is what Jake wants we will support him and give him a farewell with smiling faces, but I was still unable to accept it. I was still mad at him for taking this step. For leaving us all. For going away. And of course I was still determined to know the real reason.