Chapter 19

After Jessica went inside. I was again lost in the peace around me thinking about each and everything she said. I had no idea what I wanted, who was right, there were so many questions, so many doubts and so much dilemma. I just closed my eyes and sat over there.
"Still stressed about yesterday?" Jake stood behind me.
"Yeah, I suppose." I lied.
He sat on the chair in front of me. I turned towards him. His face so perfect, so peaceful.
"Jake can I ask you something?" I asked.
"Yeah, sure." He gave me a smile.
"One last time, this a request, please tell me, why are you leaving?" I couldn't control my tears.
"Ritz, I've requested you so many times, please don't do this to me."
"Why Jake? Why shouldn't I? Do I not deserve a explanation?"
"You do, ofcourse you do. But.."
"But what? Just for once, please keep all your thoughts aside and tell me everything inside you. Even if I am not supposed to know this. I don't care."
"Ritz, I've told you, ask me anything you want, but the reason why I'm leaving."
I took a deep breath.
"Fine." I got up from the chair. Even Jake stood up. We were facing each other, the moon light falling on both our faces, making Jake look even more mesmerising.
I took his hand in mine.
"You will answer any other question I ask, right?" I asked.
"Y-yeah."
"Then look into my eyes and give me an honest answer, what do you feel about me?"
For a few seconds he was quiet. Then he held my hand tight and took a deep breath. His eyes were glittering.
"I don't know what to say, Ritz. Honestly, no words are enough to describe my feelings for you." His voice was heavy. "You have been one of the best person in my life. Someone I have always felt comfortable with, someone who makes me happy, who knows me, understands me. You are a very important part of my life, an important part of me, rather and I...I lo-"
"Hey, Jake come in here, I got something to show you." Alex called from the room. And I realized we were both crying, holding each others hand. Jake inhaled.
"Anything else you wanna hear." Jake asked me.
"NO." I said, and he quietly went inside to Alex. A part of me wanted to listen more, a lot more. To tell me what he was about to say, I wanted him to say that he loved me. I felt like listening to him for the rest of my life. After a few minutes I went inside. I decided to leave, cuz this was becoming really dufficult for me. I went to Jake,
"Jake." I called him.
"Yeah."
"Umm..I feel quite tired, I think I should leave now."
"Hey Ritz, are you OK?" Alex placed his hand on my shoulder. "Don't think about that asshole, yeah? Just forget him. He got his lesson last night. Ok?"
"Lesson?" I questioned him.
"Yeah, ac-"
"Alex. Let's not talk about this. Ritz, if you feel like taking some rest, its OK. Go home. Jess will drop you." Jake interrupted. He then told Jess to drop me. Jess and I, we went downstairs, Jake came with us.
I was about to sit in the car when,
"Goodbye, Ritz." Jake said from behind.
I went back, to give him a tight hug. He was crying. It killed me to see him that way.
"Just stay happy always. Don't ever put yourself into anyone who doesn't deserve you. And if you ever get into trouble, just remember I am always there for you. Hmm?" He said looking straight into my eyes.
"Yeah." We left.
Jess was quiet, she didn't speak to me at all.
"You all are pissed at me, aren't you?" I finally broke the silence.
"I dont know about the rest but, yes I am. And Ritz its not because Jake is leaving cuz of you, but cuz you are ruining 2 lives by not choosing right. Jake's and yours." She stopped the car in front of my building. "Sometimes one right decision can make a lot of difference Ritz. Again, its your turn to choose what's right and what's wrong. Goodnight." She turned away from me. I got out of the car and went up stairs.