chapter 6

As I continue to burry myself into my thoughts, I don't even realize that I'm slowly drifting off to sleep.

~Arias dream world~

when I look around, I realize I'm not in my room like I normally am in my nightmare. I don't smell the cooking bacon or my mother's soft humming from down stairs either.

I'm in the art room at my school. There is nobody in here except Jeff and...me?! Thats me! I am looking at myself hugging Jeff earlier that day.

why did my mind bring me here? why am I not having the nightmare if my mother's death? I have had that same nightmare every single night since my mother's death. is it finally over? can I finally move on, past this?

I slowly circle the two hugging, observing there expressions.

my expression is no different from when I happened in reality.

I walk over to see Jeff's expression, which I was unable to see in reality. his eyes are closed and he is smiling widely, but not showing teeth. His expression holds so much emotion, I can't help but stare at his amazing smile. he just seems..so..happy..?

~end of dream~

I peer open my eyes ever so slightly and cringe at the light gaping through my window. The annoying beep of my alarm clock is going off. I grab my alarm clock and chuck it at the wall and watch as it brakes into dozens of pieces.

..I'm not really a morning person..

but its finally Friday, only one more week until my birthday.

I roll over in time to see my phone light up and here a beep. its a text from Christine.

"Are you up yet?" she asks.

"no. I can't get out of bed now. the pillows have excepted me as one of their own and if I leave now, I might lose their trust" I reply.

she quickly responds with "lmao. okay. see ya at school!"

I lazily put my phone down on my night stand and sit up. I slide out of bed and stumble over to my closet doors yawning. I pull down a white T-shirt and black skinny jeans with slight rips in them. I throw the cloths over my arm and walk to the bathroom. I get out of my clothes from yesterday that I accidentally fell asleep in yesterday and hop into the shower.

...

after my shower and getting dressed, blow drying and straightening my hair, and applying some light eyeliner and mascara, I head down stairs.

as I reach the bottom of the stairs, I hear noise coming from the other room.

I walk over to see my father tossing a beer bottle into the trash. He turns and glares at me.

"Where the hell were you yesterday!?" he screams and walks toward me.

"I..I..you..weren't..here.." I manage to say. He must of left when I didn't come straight home from school.

"Your god damn right I wasn't here!" he booms " I ain't waitin on you when I could be out getting drunk" he slurs. He obviously is drunk. 

He grips my arm and squeezes so tight that there will definitely be a bruise there, and then he forcefully throws me to the floor. I cry out in pain and he kicks me in the stomach. I yelp and he just walks away and upstairs.