I N T E R L O P E R

______

I N T E R L O P E R

a person who becomes involved in a place or situation where they are not wanted or are considered not to belong. 

______

Hazel and I split off going to our separate morning classes, so I wouldn't see her until after recess. Our first three morning classes were split into the Primis and Novitius Origins, to enhance our abilities just dedicated to us.

So while Hazel would be doing Alchemy, Veda Control, and Primis Defense Class, I would be doing Familia Studies, Conditioning and Novitius Defense Class.

I entered my classroom and immediately stopped. Scrawled on the board was the words Elme Gyalog meaning 'mind walking' in Hungarian. I looked around the classroom, seeing every one of my classmates having conjured their Familia, and were chatting excitingly with their friends sitting beside them.

The class was finally going to put all their theory into practice, they were going to go into their Familia's head and while everyone was ecstatic about the thought, I slowly wanted to disintegrate into nothing.
If we ended up doing this our teacher would try to make me feel included and would make the situation worse than better by still trying to get me involved. And what was I going to say when I get dragged into it?

Sorry Sir, I can't do it because I'm feeling sick and my stomach hurts?

That actually wasn't a bad idea.

I could go to sickbay and simply wait class out until second period. But then again, he probably wouldn't let me go, that even though I can't take part in the practical I can still sit and watch and take notes.

Then again, maybe if I guilt trip him he would feel bad and just let me go anyway.

Millions of thoughts ran through my head of how I could get out of this situation. Finally one of them stuck and seemed brilliant.
Ditch class, yes, just ditch class. I chanted in my head and turned around to walk out of class only to be blocked by a massive man with suspenders and big gut that threaten to pop his white buttoned up shirt, who stood in between freedom and me.

"And where do you think you're going?" Mr. Vinchie asked me with a thick Irish accent and stroked his furry beard.

"I was about to close the door. Here, let me get that for you." I went to reach for the door handle next to him but he moved in front of me.

"Well, I've got it now." He grabbed the handle swinging the door shut, and nodded to the desks. "Go on, find yer seat now."

I cringed and walked down the aisle, seeing the top of Ana's red hair in the second back row.

"What was that about?" She asked me as I sat down next to her and she stared at me with bold brown eyes, and I realized she had seen the whole thing. Ana was one of those friends that you sat with in class because none of your other friends had that class with you.

"I just felt sick that's all."

Ana shifted uncomfortably in her chair knowing I was lying. Like most people in our year, hell, more like most people in our school knew about me not having a Familia. The way she reacted was like I had told her my dog died and she wanted to say something, anything but didn't know how.

"Oh..." Is all she got out.

I would have gotten frustrated with her, but if I was in her position I wouldn't know what to say either.