E X A S P E R A T E

______

 E X A S P E R A T E

irritate intensely; infuriate

______

"5-3! Pick it up Evens!" Emily yelled at me as I ran passed her, staring at each other with passive aggressive looks.

"Kami!" Dakota yelled beside me as she kicked out at another opposition. I heard something fly through the air and spun to see what it was, just as a knife came directly for my head and I instinctively smacked it out the way. It slid against the grass, the metal flowing till the friction of the ground finally stopped it.

Charlotte stood opposite me with a flashy happy smile and two more throwing knives in her hand, so I assume she threw the first.

"So," I began. "Should we start off slow or-"

She lunged at me, screaming loudly as her battle cry. Instantly changing from her previous demeanor.

Aiming to drive both knives into my scalp, if I wasn't trained to instantly react in some way. I would've been hit.

I smacked her weapons away with mine and tried to distance myself yet again to speak another word, but she was too caught up in the thrill to want to hear it.

She came at me again trying to hit my shoulder, I continued to dodge her attacks by moving backward. Charlotte took a step too close for my comfort and I kicked out at her, pushing her away from me.

She groaned, and dramatically plastered a sad smile on her face, using the tip of her knife to mime a tear falling down her cheek. I forgot how hyper and insane Charlotte became when she fought. Become more of a clown performer than a player.

But I know, this was also a distraction, as she was planning her next attack, while I was trying to figure out what she was trying to do.

"There is no time to think! React!" Emily yelled at our duo from off the field.

She ain't messing around. I thought.

I knew there was no point in training if I didn't swing back at her, so I might as well make it count. I pressed a button on my poles, and a short sharp blade released from the tops of them making my weapons even deadlier.

"Ooo scary." She said, a smile creeping back, and a glint of delight shining in her eyes.

"Charlotte, what's that!" I said looking off to the side trying to distract her and swung my pole toward her body. She was fast for a Morfium, avoiding my hit and swung back just as quick. It made me think she touched a Veryges and replicated their speed, as I batted the pole away from my skin and plunged the blade towards her stomach. She evaded the blade, turning her body sidewards so it just skimmed past her. Using the position of my body to my advantage, I sidestepped Charlotte, pulling my pole back towards me, making the blade slice across her stomach.

It wasn't a deep cut, but blood had begun to trickle down her shirt, staining the top of her pants.

She quickly regained her stance and kicked me away from her, followed by throwing her second knife. I dodged it and heard it land in the ground behind me.

"Kami!" I heard Dakota yell at me, then I saw the small white object flow through the air from the corner of my eye.

Charlotte's other arm caught me off guard, stabbing me in the shoulder and drew the blade down, slicing down my arm. I dropped one of my poles automatically due to the pain, but used it to my advantage, punching Charlotte right where I cut her in the stomach, then came back up and caught the ball in my hand.