P R U D E N C E

______

P R U D E N C E

acting with or showing care and thought for the future.

______

People stopped walking to their classes, secretly wishing to see a fight, gazing in on the standoff between Carver and I. I can't say this hasn't happened before, I had a reputation for always getting into fights from someone saying something stupid that made them instantly a punching bag.

His Familia gave me a low growl and Carver took a step towards me and I instantly put my guard up.

"Did you not get the hint you dumb bitch? Back off."

Oh jeez, what an opening that was.

He stared at me waiting, but I didn't move.

A smile spread across his face and he leaned closer to my face in an attempt to intimidate me. "The retarded slut can't understand what I'm saying." His goons laughed around me. "You fucking dyke. Either take your own life and save us from seeing your face every day, or go back into the kitchen and make me a sandwich."

Wow. Homophobic and Sexist jokes. I looked at the ground, wondering the best way to handle the situation.

"Hmm..." I began. "Using words instead of just throwing a punch. Now why would Carver Adam's do that?" I looked back up. "Everyone's best guess is that if you punch me, I will punch you back. Then a fight happens until you are beat up by the girl who simply makes sandwiches in the kitchen."

Someone pushed through the crowd and walked over to where Carver and I stood, Hazel. I was grateful she had turned up, but also didn't want her to get involved.

She stared at me and I could almost feel her emotions begging me to walk away but it was too late now. I continued.

"Now wouldn't that just be humiliating. Showing everyone how scared you really are by the fact that I am more 'powerful' then you. But instead of even risking that reality, you spit words that simply don't resinate with me. Like Dumb? We all know I'm smarter than you, especially if you've come here believing that you make me cower in the corner. And how about Bitch? Well I am to you since I don't follow your 'authority'. Retarded and Dyke? Those words just makes me angry. And finally the word 'Slut'. Why Slut? Scared that I have slept with more women then you?"

The crowd around us reacted making Carver's face to turn bright red.

I could see him shaking slightly from embarrassment from being shot down so quickly and calmly, that it had now turned into rage.

I just stood there smirking at him and looked down at his hand balled up into a tight fist and noticed the gold watch on his wrist.

"Come back to me when you can become a better fighter and not get beat up by a girl because that word is so offensive to you. And instead of using your Daddy's money on a golden watch that you can barely read, go get a tutor."

His body lunged forward ready to attack but Rafael and Tom held him back. I leaned closer ready for the fight but also to show him that I would never be afraid of him.

Finally he shook the boys off of him and took a step towards me. But Hazel's body stepped between us, placing her hand on his chest.

"Yes, hi." She began facing Carver, and I saw that in her hand was a bright red vial. "If you continue to walk towards me, I will push you back to a point where this vial will break and you will be left with a nasty hole in your chest." Carver looked down, finding exactly what she said to be true. Except he didn't have the capability to realize if she did that, her hand would be blown off too.