Chapter 12

(Thomas' POV)

I sat down beside Newt and looked around in the Glade.

"I heard about all the trouble, she caused." I looked at Newt with an inquiring look on my face.

"I wouldn't say she caused trouble.." He said and i looked at him with raised eyebrows.

"Okay, well. Maybe a little." He said and lowered his voice a bit.

"Somethings different with her. You know we thought that she got stung by a Griever, but none of us has experienced that you can get infected by Griever-slime. So we injected her with the Serum, but it didn't work. She suddenly just freaked out and yelled at me..." And he told me the whole story, until it was my turn to tell him about my run today. We both agreed that the code, Anna told him, must be the code, that is going to get us out of the Maze.

I just finished talking, when we heard Annabelle turn the shower off.

"I gotta go." I said and stood up. Before i walked away i waved Newt goodbye.

(Annabelle's POV)

I grabbed my towel and swung it around my body. I walked out of the shower and over to the bench, were i put my clothes. I lifted up my shirt and took a quick look at it. My left sleeve was cut up, and it was covered in dry blood. My trousers were pretty dirty too.

I put my clothes down again and went over to the door.

"Newt?" I said and walked out. He looked a little choked when he saw me only covered in a towel.

"Do you have some clean clothes? My clothes looks like klunk." I said choked over my choice of word. I don't remember learning the word "klunk" but it felt like i have used many times before.

"Well, i only got clothes for boys?" He answered me. I just shrugged, so he nodded at me and got up.

"I'll just grab some. Can you wait in there?" He asked me and pointed at the changing room. Newt turned around and started to limp. I wondered why he was limping and i saw it had something to do with his ankle. I looked around in what the boys called the Glade. I saw Gally staring at me over at the campfire. He winked at me, and i couldn't stop myself, so i gave him the middle finger. He looked choked. I turned around laughing and walked into the changing room.

(Newt's POV)

I root around in my little chest. I pulled up a shirt and afterwards a pair of shorts. It was the best i had, so i hoped Anna didn't mind if it was too big or something like that.

I limped out of the room and towards the changing room, but then Alby stopped me.

"Whoaa. Where are you going?" He asked me.

"Anna asked for some new clothes." I told him.

"So now you are her servant? I guess she's feeling better." Alby said and laughed. Then he got serious.

"Thomas and Minho are holding a meeting at the campfire soon, so you and Anna better come. It is very important." He told me and i nodded before i limped over to the changing room.

"Anna." I said and knocked on the door. She poked her face out of the changing room and took the clothes, before i could say anything.