The Kiss

Strint POV:

OH. MY. GOD. OHGODOHGODOHGODOHGODOHGOD. I DID IT, I ACTUALLY KISSED HIM, DID HE LIKE IT? DID I LIKE IT? I DON'T KNOW, I THINK I MIGHT FAINT, I MIGHT DIE OF HEARTACHE BECAUSE HE ISN'T KISSING BACK!

Derrick POV:

Let me think about this for a minute... so my friend, maybe boyfriend now, invited me over to his house to stay the night, we play games and have a good time, he starts acting strange, I ask him what's wrong and we kiss. That IS what happened, right? I don't know if I'm dreaming or not when Strint breaks the kiss, says he's sorry and leaves. At first, I remain puzzled as to how I should react, but then I realize that Strint kinda just left and I should probably go after him, so I did.

I found him on his porch. He was sitting in the rocking chair, rocking slowly, legs tucked up against his chest as he mumbled the words 'I'm sorry' over and over. He must have thought about this for a while. I should comfort him. I think as I slowly sit next to him. He stopped rocking and started to tell me why he did it.

"I shouldn't have done that, I don't know what I was thinking, I should have waited for you too make the first move. I just wish I had waited longer, I mean, you did just get over a friend dying. What if I caused a relapse? What if I..." And that was all he got to say before I cut him off with another kiss. This time, however, we both kissed each other in a heated kiss. After a while we had to pull apart for air, which was when I laid my head on his shoulder.

"Do you think this is okay?" I ask quietly, but loud enough for him to hear. "What do you mean?" he asks. "Do you think your parents are fine with this? I know mine are, they already started making ship-names for us, but what about your parents?" After saying this, his parents step out from the living room and onto the porch. "We already know." they say in unison as they hug their son and congratulate him on his new boyfriend, aka me. His father also told me not to hurt Strint, or he'll rip my arms off, to which I don't know whether to laugh or be afraid. I settle for both.

After spending a long night of cuddles and kisses with Strint, we decided to head back to my house to tell my parents. When we arrived, My parents were on the porch when Strint and I walked down the path to the porch. About halfway to the porch, Strint pulled me in for a kiss... Right in front of my parents. At first they gasped and I started to worry, but then my mother ran up to me and hugged me and my father told Strint the same thing his father told me. Weird coincidence.

We decided to have our families get together and have dinner with each other. Both our parents laid out basic rules and conditions for us, such as no staying out past 10:00 and don't let our relationship get in the way of school work, but that's pretty much it.

After dinner, Strint said he had something to show me, so he lead me up to my room and told me to close my eyes. After a couple of seconds he told me to open them. When I did, he had the portrait he drew of me on the first day we met, I accepted his gift graciously, thanking him for his hard work on it and complimenting his artistic skills.

His parents let him stay the night at my house with me, so long as he "behaved" which he agreed to. Later that night, as we laid in bed cuddling each other, he asked "Do you think this is alright? I mean, we have a nice relationship, and nice parents, but are you sure you want to do this?"

I didn't really think about it until now, but now that I thought about it, I gave him only three words as an answer.

"I love you."

"I love you too."