26. And take care of youself, Soda

So, I have a quick announcement.

I have been very busy, yes, and a lot of that time was taken up writing extra chapters and uploading Agent 13 to another app/website. So, to read all those extra bonus chapters I wrote, you can click on the Link listed in my Bio on either my Wattpad account, or my Instagram account. You'll have to create an account, but the app/wbsite is free and so is the book.

Thank you! And please go click the link to check out the extra bonus chapters for Agent 13. I will be posting extra chapters for Agent 57 and Agent 1 as well, just not right now. Thanks again!

Sam's POV

I walked down the hallway, heading towards the stairs that will lead me to the third floor. To her room.

I want to tell her. I need to tell her that I'm leaving, and I have no plans of coming back. I'm not standing in the way. I'm too much of a distraction know. I knew I shouldn't have done that.

Cody walks down the stairs in front of me. Something crosses his face when he sees me, and I can't put my finger on exactly what it is. I don't have too long to dwell on it though, before I'm slammed in to the wall, his arm at my neck. I don't fight back.

He's got a bag slung across his shoulder and a set of keys in his hand. He's leaving. Where's he going?

He notices me eyeing the bag and the keys. "Look," He starts, his voice stern. "I know about the kiss."

I don't say anything. He runs his hand through his hair and backs up a step, removing his arm from my neck. I don't understand how he could possibly know about that.

"How?" I finally ask.

He jerks his head up to look at me. "I didn't realize you could actually talk." He mutters sarcastically.

I narrow my eyes at him and he waves me off. "You don't want to know where Devin has hidden cameras. So don't ask." He says. He sighs. "Look, I should be upset, but I'm not."

I look at him in surprise and raise my eyebrows. He shakes his head and rolls his eyes.

"I don't know." He finally says. "I'm not mad. I should be, but I'm not." He runs his hand through his hair again and sighs. "I just...I don't know. Me and Everly," He pauses, as if he's not used to saying her name. And it's likely he's not. "I guess you could say we really weren't like boyfriend and girlfriend. We care about each other, but we really weren't that close."

I look at him and frown. "Where are you going with this?" I ask him.

He glares at me and sighs again. "I'm only going to say this once. I'm leaving, and I'm not going to be back for a while." He starts. "When I get back, I'm taking her back if I can. So if you're going to make your move, do it now. Don't walk away, don't leave. Because if I come back and you still haven't done anything, I'll be taking her back. So, make your move."

I stare at him in shock and say nothing. I'm pretty sure I couldn't say anything even if I wanted to. I really don't have any words.

"And," He adds as he starts to walk away. "If you screw this up, and you hurt her-"

"You'll kill me?" I question.

He smiles and shakes his head. "I won't have to. She'll do it for me. But if for whatever reason she doesn't, then yeah I'll kill you."

"Why?" I ask before he can leave. "Why would you do this? Why would you give her up?"

Cody shakes his head and smiles. "Look, I care about her, but something changed between us a while ago. We still care, but it's different. And I'll miss her, but I also know you understand her more than anyone. And even though she'll never admit it out loud, she really does care about you. And I'm only in the way."